Stupid Question time...

SgtTalbert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guys,

Just recently purchased these:

TLP GT Power AD-6 Intelligent Digital Multifunctional Balance NiCD/NiMH/LiPo/LiLo/LiFe/PB Charger

AND

Zero One 8.4v 2200mAh NiMH High Performance Battery for Crane Stocks

Now, I have read the manual but I still do not understand. ZeroOne basically said I don't need to 'discharge' the battery, just charge it, however seems rather complicated to me! :(

Anyone know of this charger or can help me please?

also, second question

AEG maintenance, after a skirmish, apart from clean the outside, anything else I should do? Oil or something down the barrel etc...?

Cheers,

Guys,

Just recently purchased these:

TLP GT Power AD-6 Intelligent Digital Multifunctional Balance NiCD/NiMH/LiPo/LiLo/LiFe/PB Charger

AND

Zero One 8.4v 2200mAh NiMH High Performance Battery for Crane Stocks

Now, I have read the manual but I still do not understand. ZeroOne basically said I don't need to 'discharge' the battery, just charge it, however seems rather complicated to me! :(

Anyone know of this charger or can help me please?

also, second question

AEG maintenance, after a skirmish, apart from clean the outside, anything else I should do? Oil or something down the barrel etc...?

Cheers,

1) NimH batteries don't suffer quite as badly from "memory" as NiCads but still could do with a run down (NOT a full discharged to zero volts) and slow recharge every three or four uses. If it's an 8.4V then run down to about 7V then slow recharge for the required number of hours, based on your charger mA rate and the mAh rating of the battery. E.G. 2200mAh battery charge cycle is: 2200 x 1.5 / charge rate of charger (e.g. 240mA) so 13.75 hours.

NB: DO NOT EVER DISCHARGE LIPOs. You'll destroy them and ONLY ever charge with a dedicated Lipo charger via the balance lead plug (the small white one).

2) Yes, clean the outside of any mud, muck or otherwise. Use a small piece of lint free rag in the eye of the cleaning rod with a little silicon oil sprayed on it, run it up and down the inner barrel, but avoid getting any on the hop rubber. Then swap to a clean piece of rag and run that up and down until it comes out clean and dry (i.e. change it when dirty). You DO NOT want oil left in the inner barrel as it will stop the BBs flying cleanly in the barrel. It's not a firearm where the bullet runs in the rifling, so doesn't need lubrication, just cleaning.

Archived