VCRA Question

Tonytiger89
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As a reenactor I am already permitted under the VCR act to own realistic immitaiton firarms. So could I now buy a 'none two tone' rifle as a new air softer despite not being a member of a club yet?

Nice one, no half orange tat for me. How do I actually go about joining a club?

Find a site local to you, play three times in not less than two months and apply for membership when you've played the third time.

• AF-UK Founding Member

That'd be airsofting not reenacting. I was under the impression you were already a reenactor and knew the deal. You might be better off looking for a reenactor forum as they will know more on how you can gain some kind of defence.

If you are a reenactor then you need to be a member of a reenactment group with its own Public liability insurance and be able to prove you are a member. IE you are into WW2, you are a member of the "dover dodgers" group who have PLI. You then provide the chairpersons info to a retailer who will then sell you a replica RIF sten, for example. However if you are a member of a WOTR group, you may not be able to purchase a RIF as it is not part of your reneactment portfolio (no m4's in the 15th century).

think that makes sense.

its how I got my shotgun license and my brown bess

Yeah, the group defiantly has its own PI. But all things considered, although it may ''technically'' be legal. Good luck explaining that to a air soft Marshall or a policeman (God knows they give me enough grief with my firearms certificate). I will just play it safe an buy something cheap and orange to tide me through till I became a full bonified air soft club member.

I had fun with my firearms license, When i last brought a shotgun i forgot to take my shotgun cit, only my firarms I spent ages arguing with the guy in store.

Although the law states that that for a shotgun you need shotgun license and anything else its a firearms, it also states that to own a semi auto shotgun you require a firearms and not a shotgun lincence.........spent the better part of an hour arguing that to the guys.

But with police and most people, they only the the basic parts of the law, they never actually seem to pay attention to the small print, so yes reinactment may be a vaild defence, but police are generally retarded, and the chance is they will only the UKARA, because they didnt read the memo on what else is vaild.

I had fun with my firearms license, When i last brought a shotgun i forgot to take my shotgun cit, only my firarms I spent ages arguing with the guy in store.

Although the law states that that for a shotgun you need shotgun license and anything else its a firearms, it also states that to own a semi auto shotgun you require a firearms and not a shotgun lincence.........spent the better part of an hour arguing that to the guys.

But with police and most people, they only the the basic parts of the law, they never actually seem to pay attention to the small print, so yes reinactment may be a vaild defence, but police are generally retarded, and the chance is they will only the UKARA, because they didnt read the memo on what else is vaild.

I have found that so much. The police may enforce the law, but they know nothing about it. That with your shotgun is bad, no getting through to some people even if you quote legislation at them! If I want a new bolt action I have to write a letter asking for permission to have it added to my license then if it is in a different sort of ammunition to what I have on my license I have to write another letter. Then there's another inspection of my cabinet :| Ever had the customary inspection in the week following a high profile shooting is on the news?

Archived