VSR 10 pro sniper trouble

NATO1114
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. I am posting because I have recently bought a TM VSR 10 off these forums. The gun was basically new when I got it and was in perfect condition. BTW at the moment the gun is completely stock.

The problem is kinda weird and I couldn't find anything online about it. My gun has like a warm up period, I have to fire about a full mag through it before the hop up starts doing it's job (I think it's a hop problem although I don't know). All the shots at first just arch into the ground but as I fire more they start going further and further, after about 30 shots the 0.28g Blaster Devils glide nicely and about 45M. If I keep using it then the BBs continue to fly well but then if I leave it for about 10 minutes I have to warm it up again. Does anyone know what the problem might be, it's pretty annoying TBH having to fire a full mag every time I want to use it, it's kind of wasting all my BBs :( and time aswell.

I have fired about 1500 rounds through it and the problem remains exactly the same, I just don't know what it could be or how to check/fix it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan McCormick

Try taking out the inner barrel and hop unit and having a look at it. There could be a problem with the nub or rubber. Have you actually set the hop for your 0.28s, as it could be set for 0.2s or even 0.43s, in which case it will be way out. As it's a stock TM unit it may well be a bit low powered for higher weight BBs.

• Supporters

As above, if you're using heavy BBs then the hop might struggle to lift them.

You might have the hop up turned on too far and it might take about 30 rounds to knock it up and out of the way, only for it to slowly sink back into the way after you've left it for a while.

Try turning the hop up completely off and then reapplying it in small increments every 5 or so shots until you get it right, if they start dropping again before you've got it set right, then it's because the hop is on so much that it's blocking the barrel and negating it's own positive effects.

Try using .20s or .25s until you've got a spring upgrade in there.

Archived