the codsofter

lil airsofter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

what do you think of codsofters  

29 members have voted

1. 1. go on then

• love them
    • like them
    • dont mind them
    • dislike them
    • hate them

recently i have been thinking a bit about codsofters after a person i know from my localish airsoft site cited that uk paras use the xm25 which was enough for me to fly off the handle and into a fully fledged lecture. but back on topic i wonder what the mature(ish) part of the airsoft community thinks of the codsofter, a group that lets our sport scrape by or a scourge that takes the attention of airsoft manufactuers away from fantastic guns like lee enfields, arx 160s and mg42s? you decide.

• Supporters

i don't see one for shoot em all with real guns...

If they talk to me im fine until they say something with the conviction that just because they saw it on COD it must be true or when they Do an Impression of the COD Characters but get it wrong and where Military patchs and say their cool because of X character or they ask me if i play COD and i laugh and say Me No Nub Nub. Nub Nub Me Play FlashPoint Hardcore and battlefield Silly NubNubz and then they keep asking to hold Something like im a friggin Amnesia Patient I WILL NOT LET YOU USE MY F ING RIFLE YOUR TRIGGER FINGER IS WORSE THAN MY MOTHERS AND SHE HAS HAD 6 MAJOR STROKES AND CAN BARELY WALK AND ONLY USE ONE ARM SO TAKE ANOTHER F ING GEUSS GENIUS!!!.

• Supporters

I figure everyone has the capacity, after having played CoD, to act like it's one and the same with regard to airsofting, or admit that they're basing their knowledge on a game which in my opinion has nothing to do with the sport, other than the fact that weapons and kit are aesthetically the same, the pros and cons cannot be comparable.

Now, when I'm unsure of something, I'll say so or ask someone about it, I won't pretend that I know to try and gain brownie points with other people who I assume, wrongly, are stupider than me.

So with that in mind, it annoys me that Codsofters exist and I wish they didn't. But hate is too strong a word, so I've said I dislike them.

i for one dont mind them, they will come round eventually and learn cod is a big pile of poo poo. but i'd rather have to answer their questions if they are usually just curious, if a little over confident, than have to listen to "teh l33t wot am bestest gun?" kids who know everything but ends up being wrong or misguided.

in the end if it brings means i can shoot someone then let em play :lol: so voted dont mind the blighters

• Supporters

I dont have a huge problem with them, I dont like nor dislike them, I tend to just avoid them and let them get on with what they're doing, theres no need to interfer when I can just hang with 'normal' players.

Besides, what would airsoft be without cod-softers? No stupidly amusing hits and no one to laugh at.

The way I see it is that everyone pays to have a good day, If they and their friends find it fun telling each other that the SBS use the H&K ACR Mk25 ebr with hybrid scopes then so be it.

ive have of these little idiots walk up to me and start yelling because i didnt yell grenade out before i bucked it this was followed by him saying my beret was g** as it was not the american one

he continued on like this about 10-12 minutes about everything from the kit i use the radio i had and even the way i used my zippo (tip's from a 15 year old)

I just dislike Mr "I know everything about guns because of CoD".

I even had someone at my school who actually believed that the army 'quickscope' with a freakin' M200 Cheytac...

Being a bit of a gun-nut myself, it makes me fume when people tell me I'm wrong because CoD doesn't do it.

When it comes to airsoft...oh god, don't even get me started when people are like "Oh, get the ACR over the F2000 because the F2000 has alot more recoil" (Yeah, someone said that to me.)

There's so much wrong with statements like that it's unbelievable...

/rant.

no i had my mate ask if i would argue with someone on xbox over "i know everything about guns because of cod" syndrome, i won because i was right. i might have won a battle but we may never win the war.

I did have someone on XBL say "I know alot about guns because I go to cadets." and he sounded no older than 12...

At the same time; I hate people who're like "Oh, you know about guns, do you play CoD?" and you want to hit them....

pretty easy going, way i see it, after a year of playing airsoft they realise how nobbish they sounded as a codsofter and normally sort themselves out. and until then they make good cannon fodder.

I started airsoft at the age of 10 because I liked military stuff and not COD, so I can proudly say I was never a CODsofter (thank God). I don't mind it if they keep to themselves even if over hearing their confersations does make me want to face palm my self but when they started bigging it up because they play COD and obviously know everything that just gets on my nerves.

I have a semi special forces semi PMC loadout and when some guy told me that my loadout sucked because the task force 141 loadout he thaught I was going for was nothing like task force 141 I nearly flipped.

But its not all bad... I watch them big it up in the safe zone and then laugh as they cry because clearing out the next room is too scary. :lol:

a wee kid today was saying that i should get an UMP 45 (he said ump as one whole word by the way) because my mp5 was apparently very hard to aim this pissed my off but i just told him to piss off someone else to bad he went to my brother and made fun of his famas

now three things my brother, jason one he is 17 two he is easily angered and three he wears a kevlar helmet

so ill let you put it together yourself but lets just say it was funny

i have no real problem with anyone tbh, at the end of the day everyone is got to start somewhere and lets face it (and imo what alot of people forget) a young kid is exactly that a kid ofcourse they wont be at adult level of maturity! you just need to accept that they are part of the sport (obviously there are exceptions some people mature quicker than most) looking back to when i was a kid the only reason i learned about military history etc is because my dad enjoyed it, school certainly didnt teach alot just the bare basics of the world wars really and unless they take a specific interest themselves (like alex) then they wont have done there own researchso cod will have been their only influence and since the game manufactureres and media constantly claim them to be realistic they have no reason to dout what it shows them.

just imo of course

and remember if you give them bad attitude they will go home/school tell parents and friends how bad it was and how full of geeky elitists it is thus carrying on the bad image of the sport to the general public.

• Supporters

Battlefieldsofters are pretty much all the seasoned players who work together in a co-operative, squad sort of way. So everyone who isn't a codsofter is a battlefieldsofter lol.

I'm proudly a battlefieldsofter =3

dont get me wrong if they want to know something ill tell them example last year i showed some noobs how to clear a building and set up an ambush and last week i seen them again on the other team and they were very good but they still picked up my mag pouch with a m18 under it ... classic B)

My two cents...

I play every single COD that comes out, have ever since the first, however, I refuse to ever play online due to the COD community, I MUCH prefer and enjoy Battlefield players online, much nicer and helpful (bit like airsoft players :P)

However, the problem is (which I think this post is about) is the attitude of 'codsofter' rather than the uniform, as I quite like the COD load outs, However, never would have one due to the stigma that the codsofter has (which is a shame)

So yes - if the 'codsofter' is anything like the online players I have experienced, I would very much dislike them also.

Acctually thats one of the reasons I stopped getting COD - some of the people online have got to be the most cocky, uneducated retards... Also didn't like how the games kinda sucked after COD4 (ie exactly the same thing each time). If you want a good laugh go on Xbox live with a mike, go on hardcore and make sure that you get killed loads. After that you just have to wait for the torrent of badly worded asbuse from a bunch of 10 year olds that take video games way too seriously :lol:

Anyway back to airsoft. I have to agree that some of the loadout on cod aren't bad. They are based on real world kit after all. I think what needs to happen is people need to try and show CODsofters that it's airsoft and give them airsoft related info instead of them believing that COD is the most realistic thing on the planet and that 360 no scopes are an effective way to use a sniper.

the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and a lot of bi*ching its the same about airsoft

Archived