problems with a brand new mag

ali619
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there guys, I recently purchased a brand new magazine for my 226 but I am having problems with it. I put gas in the mag, into the gun but I only get 2/3 shots then thats it, it seems like it runs out of gas. Could it be a faulty mag or the fact that its brand new and it could have stiff valves and I am not putting enough pressure on the gas loading nozzle?

• Supporters

It might just be the fact that it's not the right weather/season currently, at least not where I am, I've not used my pistol for almost 6 months. How are the other magazines performing?

More info might help, which P226 is it? TM, KWA, KJW?

It might just be the fact that it's not the right weather/season currently, at least not where I am, I've not used my pistol for almost 6 months. How are the other magazines performing?

More info might help, which P226 is it? TM, KWA, KJW?

oh its a TM 226

the other mags are shooting 100% fine in this weather, but this one is leaking it seems to be from the loading nozzle. I bought it off another guy on a different forum who said it was brand new and working and is now not offering a refund. is there anything I could do myself to solve the problem?

• Supporters

Can you hear gas leaking from the mag with the fault? If you can, then lube it inside and out and leave it for a few days, then check if it's any better.

If you can't, then I have honestly no idea what's wrong with it.

You could always try the dunk test, fill your sink with water, gas the mag and stick it under, it'll show you exactly where all the leaks are coming from, then you just have to think of inventive ways to plug them. I'm having a major leaking issue with one of my KJW mags at the moment and I can't seem to do anything to solve it...

Can you hear gas leaking from the mag with the fault? If you can, then lube it inside and out and leave it for a few days, then check if it's any better.

If you can't, then I have honestly no idea what's wrong with it.

You could always try the dunk test, fill your sink with water, gas the mag and stick it under, it'll show you exactly where all the leaks are coming from, then you just have to think of inventive ways to plug them. I'm having a major leaking issue with one of my KJW mags at the moment and I can't seem to do anything to solve it...

I can hear the hissing loud and clear from the faulty mag! But yeah I was looking at some tutorials on youtube on how to fix it but Id rather leave it as is incase the seller does offer a refund

• Supporters

If you find out which shop the seller bought it from originally you could try contacting them about swapping it?

It probably won't wash with them, but it's always worth a try.

If you find out which shop the seller bought it from originally you could try contacting them about swapping it?

It probably won't wash with them, but it's always worth a try.

Never thought of that! Thanks Ed :)

But I just filled the mag with gas there and its stopped hissing and is shooting true :huh:

• Supporters

That sounds very strange, are you sure it's the same mag? Lol.

I hope I have some super luck like that with my mag.

That sounds very strange, are you sure it's the same mag? Lol.

I hope I have some super luck like that with my mag.

yes its the same mag, its chrome while the rest are black lol

But I think the best thing for me to do is appeal it and leave the mag untouched until the outcome of the paypal claim

Thank you Ed :)

Archived