SD6 viable for woodland?

Doomednub
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I am new to Airsoft well the actual playing I dreamed when I was younger but I was wondering with the extended barrel of the SD6 would it make it viable in typical woodland terrain as I do not want to be at a disadvantage in range. I was typically looking at a higher quality of manufacture if this played any affect such as CA or TM any advice or guidance would be much appreciated thank you.

• Supporters

I used my MP5 at woodland a few times and I coped alright, my downfall was being out ranged, sometimes by quite a long way, but if there are trenches and things and you can use fire and manoeuvre tactics to get close enough then you ought to be alright.

I've not done anything to my MP5 but I imagine fitting a tight bore barrel and an upgrade hop up rubber ought to make it cope just fine. Don't worry about it.

I find my mp5 sd holds up pretty well in the woodlands against other guns. The only real upgrade i done to it was put a tightbore barrel and a hard hop up nub. So in theory a good mp5 will be pretty good for use in woodlands as well as cqb.

• Supporters

The validity of any AEG for any given situation is about how you play.

Pick a gun you want and play to it.

My L85 deals with CQB, open fields and woodland without fail. It bringeth doom wheresoever I do command.

theres a guy at my local who uses an mp5k and something else small and shiny and tends to do fine. if you get a TM one, with their hops and reasonably tight barel you will do fine

ive played in woodland with my tm mp5 sd5 3 times now and it works good but it does have a slight bit less range than my g36 but its not a issue unless your pinned down by a dmr or support weapon

Ditto above, my TM MP5 worked very well on woodland despite being brought to do CQB (Due to lower FPS). See quite a few of them out there. I now use a G36, but mostly as I stripped the MP5 gearbox. However that another story :)

Archived