MTP Camo

Army Surplus 365
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The British Armed Forces Camo Multi Terrain Pattern or MTP is currently not availably commercially (stand fast e-gay where its sold not totally legit). The latest news is that this camo is likely to be available early part of 2013. Currently you can buy a similar looking pattern known as multicam.

As for DPM camo, with the huge amount in circulation it will be many years until this disappears from the scenes.

• Supporters

The 95 Cut MTP can be bought and sold but the new cut cannot

and the day the armed forces stop issueing DPM is gonna be weird...

i get a free set in september. i love being an army cadet.

As a cadet you have signed a contract saying you will not use your issued kit for any purpose other than army cadets. This is due to you not owning the kit and having to hand it back!!

And i doubt it will be given to cadets in sept as the army dont have enough to issue to the regs. Mate of mine had been told he has to wait up to 3 months for replacement trousers he ripped on exercise.

I do like the MTP/multicam shame its so expensive at the mo.

i think they should go back to when you only got mtp if your were in an infantry reg on tour even then i still used desert

• Supporters

Just got myself some MTP trousers, I believe (they certain look and feel) unissued and 'new cut'

y'all jelly.

also going to order some ATACS tonight, see if I can't find out when FG ATACS is available too.

none of it is for airsofting in, I'm just bored of green combat trousers now (all I've worn for the last 4-5 years)

a mate of mine is doing his pahse 2 infantry traning and sent a photo of his locker, it looked odd because of the new camo. dpm might drop stupidly in price then if people start flogging it to get MTP sets.

my sets are from the 30's and 40's or repros so i cant say much about camo haha

30's or 40's retro yeah i found it funny in sandhurst as i was the only one with mtp aint i great

dpm will never go as its the best camo for england is its mainly dark green and mtp is light green

MTP will eventually take over as thats the whole point its general purpose, it doesnt matter that dpm is the best for this country as our military are unlikly to need to fight a war in our own country.

as for airsofters etc it will take many years but the left over surplus will run out eventually

• Supporters

Cadets won't get F-all for years, not to sound harsh, but cadet forces get promised the earth every 5 minutes by the guys who run their squadrons, it's waltish-lying at worst, over-optimism and lack of information at best. This country is broke as hell, we have no money to keep our planes flying and our tanks rolling, let alone outfit children with the latest combat dress.

Everyone in the forces was supposed to get PCS a while back, but that's been delayed due to various issues. Some have it already, those going OOA get it, but for a large portion it's going to be CS95 for a while yet.

End of the day, it's going to be a very slow transition process but I believe DDPM production has been entirely stopped for a while already, and temperate DPM will entirely dis-appear in not too long. I know most stores have fairly little on the shelves, so I'm not sure if the MOD is even buying it any more. So if you like it, stock up.

Added to what CK's, considering how many cadets 'borrow without returning' their gear, I really doubt MTP will arrive in Cadet forces for a long time. The last thing the MoD needs right now is to worry about little Timmy 'loosing' his third set of trousers and needing yet another set.

I remember my mate's cadet unit being told every year for 3 years that the L98A2 was 'just around the corner'. Still don't think his group has seen an A2 yet, aside from the non-firing drill version.

It took about 8 years for every unit of the Army to get the L85A1 handed to them for god's sake! And that's a very big, important bit of kit!

I didn't know they had (or were going to) stop production, cheers for that info CK.

• Supporters

Cadets are always getting the most amazing stuff 'soon', they always feel the need to tell

everyone too (or atleast they do where I am)

But when you ask a year later (as Hubert says) they'll always say 'oh it's next month'

Interesting about the dpm etc going out of production... may have to get a new set to replace my battered lot :P

I have a set of brand new DPMs. Shirt, the ripstop windproof trousers and a smock. Gonna keep them in the kit bag.

And i have just taken the plunge and bought a full set of multicam. Looks strange with black boots!

• Supporters

Some type of arid boot is definitely the way forward for most situations, unless it's raining/freezing obviously.

Not just aesthetically, but if you've only worn full-leather boots before, switching to dessies is a real breath of fresh air (quite literally). You're so much less sweaty by the end of the day it really makes a massive difference. I wear these with my MC load-outs currently:

http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/Khyber_Combat_Boots.html

i know for a fact im the only one that thinks this but the new british army boots are crap well the meindl's were ok but i still like the old assault boots but if your after desert boots for airsoft these are grand

Archived