ok I know that this probably a stupid question

Flynn567
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm still getting to grips with parts compatibility

So here is the stupid question

Will any AEG piston fit any AEG

Not sure mate TBH I know there are different types/versions of Gearbox so would assume that some are interchangeable but not all.

I'm still getting to grips with parts compatibility

So here is the stupid question

Will any AEG piston fit any AEG

If you mean diametre then yes most that say for TM or clone will fit. The difference is usually length or number of teeth, so you would need to know the type you have to source the replacement. And don't forget that they usually come without a head, so you would need to swap the one you have or buy a separate new head as well.

• Supporters

on the whole, yes.

V4 gearboxes, G&G L85 and Army L85's are different.

some occasional models prefer a smaller diameter (VFC SCARS and MASADA's like thinner pistons)

having said that, if you have 'an AEG' and 'a piston' the answer would very likely be 'yes it will fit'

• Supporters

Im going to get this set for my JG G36c V3 gearboxe and I need to get a new piston, Any recommendations?

My piston head came loose mid fire and made a right mess :(

Archived