AEG 'sniper', £400 budget?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

My mate's after a new gun, looking for an AEG , semi only, sniper rifle. Up to 500 FPS, preferably 450+

I've never looked into AEG snipers much.

I've told him he'd be better off getting a spring one, and I can advise him on those.

But what's the best to get? And what would need doing to it to make it any good?

I've found this http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/S-T-Armamen...uto_A10URB.aspx

It's made by Cyma, is an AK base, so I presume it uses V3 gearbox. It's shooting 455 FPS and locked to semi.

Opinions and recommendations please?

Thanks.

• Supporters

For that money id be seriously looking at a tm PSG-1 or even a tm m14.

There are Sr25's too, not sure which is best though, but g&p and g&g both do them

That svd could be good but although cyma's are good, I don't think I'd be happy spending £300 on a China clone

• Supporters

I didn't think of M14 and PSG-1.

How much would it be to get an M14 locked to semi and shooting 450 FPS.

And what parts would be needed? What brand M14 would you suggest?

• Supporters

cheapest to get there? M14 by a long way

not going to break in the process? TM PSG1.... by a LOOOONG way

honestly, he is far better off with a TM M14 and leaving it completely stock.

and by completely stock I mean COMPLETELY. the second you start messing, things start going wrong

• Supporters

He's wanting one that's shooting sniper limits though, he has an AEG with pretty good range and accuracy.

Assuming he has a little wiggle room for basic upgrades, the PSG-1 is a great option. I bought mine second hand, and have literally just finished refitting the gearbox after a malfunction caused by the previous owner's negligence... Anyway, they can shoot VERY well if the owner is willing to put time and money into them!

I know that their not considred the best make but I would seriously consider the cybergun M14. I've tested it myself and it has very good range. Then again the TM is also very good.

I saw the g&g SR25 last weekend and it's a really nice looking gun with a good feel but as for performance I don't know. As mentioned before the PSG-1 is another good option.

So its pretty much down to personal preference and budget as with most things in airsoft.

• Supporters

My brother's M14 is for sale if you want it.

It's running about 360fps and made by G&G but the range is amazing on it, to the point where hop up honestly isn't even used, at all, unless you're using heavier ammo than .20.

If you stick a tight bore in it to get the accuracy right and get a scope mount, (like I want to do to it =[) then it'll be perfect DMR material without any real need for further upgrades.

If it were me that was out to buy an AEG DMR though, I'd go for the G&G SR25, I've never ever had a problem with anything I've got made by G&G, it's all solid and performs better than everything else I've ever had or used and SR25s are just cool looking lol.

Archived