Recommendations for a torch for night games?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm considering getting the G&P PEQ from Fire Support before I start going urban night games again.

Just wondering if it's worth the £106 and how good the torch on it actually is?

Any cheaper alternatives with pressure switches?

Thanks.

does it have to be a PEQ box?

Even with that price, it probably has nothing on a decent weapon light, and laser separate.

• Supporters

No, it doesn't have to be a PEQ box, I just like the look of them.

Last night game, I used my bike light, which to be honest, was the best light there.

Mainly after a torch, the laser doesn't matter too much really.

Pressure switch is a must, as I want to be able to activate it while still holding onto a fore grip.

Just after recommendations, it's hard to choose a good torch from a few pictures.

Not too concerned about price, it needs to be able to light up a whole corridor clearly.

I'll edit title and original post.

I have an OLIGHT M20, which is pretty good, although there are other brands and models that are great aswell.

Klarus do great torches aswell.

I dont really bother with a laser. You cant see it when using iron sights, and they are hard to see at distances.

• Supporters

Does it have/can you get a pressure switch for it?

Yeah.

Mine cost £80 for the light, the rail attachment and a pressure switch

i have just got a maxenon maxx3 torch,it is 200 lumens and comes with 4 rechargeable cr123 batteries a wall charger,pressure switch,red filter,different bulb forgot what type and a led bulb,red filter,rail mount and comes in a foam padded hard case,all comes for 74.99.it is amazing has 4 settings. 200 lumens,90 lumens,20 lumens and strobe which is brillient.highly recommend it

http://www.socomtactical.net/element-anpeq...lack-p-871.html

Mine arrived yesterday, nice and cheap but sturdy/doesn't feel cheap.

The laser on it is pretty good quality and the flashlight is very good, nice and bright with a solid white centre beam and a nice 'splash' around the spot so it lights up the whole area infront of you, no strobe though :(

Does have a low light flashlight too, not getting what exactlly its ment for but it does allow you to light up a room without blinding everyone ;)

• Supporters

Josh, can you link me to where you got it from please?

Not liking the small PEQ much, it's going an M16, don't want things looking too out of proportion :P..

i have one of this which is pretty good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-Tactical...=item1c23fb7a4c

you will need to get yourself 4 c cr123 batteries tho but you have a toggle button for the light as well as full on/off at the side!

• Supporters

I'm after one that sits separately from the grip. Want it to sit near the front of the RIS, with the grip nearer the receiver as it's more comfortable.

• Supporters

Now that is rather tempting, I think I may get myself one..

Klarus

Olight £80.95 once in basket

Both come with a box, belt holder, RIS rail, pressure switch and the light itself

• Supporters

Are they BB proof? Or is one unlucky shot at Urban going to break it?

I wouldn't have thought so.

• Supporters

To which part?

You don't think they're BB proof, or don't think one unlucky shot will break them?

The build quality is fantastic on them. If you watch the vid on the M20, it gets driven over, submerged in water, dropped, and shot with a shotgun and still minimal damage and full function.

However I have no idea how strong the clear lens is on the front. I doubt it will affect performance too much if shot out, or if it can be shot out. The lens feels quite sturdy, probably stronger than eotech glass lenses, but im not gonna try test it :P

• Supporters

Just watched that, seems to be tough enough to withstand a few BB shots :P.

I think I'll get the Klarus one, think it looks better, and the mount looks a lot nicer :).

Thanks for help guys.

• Supporters

WolfArmouries sell that mount for the Klarus in OD for 50 quid a rip off i reckon as mine wobbles on the rail :'(

• Supporters

You tried a very small folded piece of paper under it? Solved problems with my sniper scope mounts and with my M4 rear sight.

Archived