going cqb

andy oliver
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all , great forum !

this is my first post so be gentle ;)

i am running a king arms m4a1 full metal (rifle length) and having spent a weeks or two of wages on it am really happy

the thing is my local site that i have not played before is going all "cqb" with kill house etc, so my previous weapon of choice is slightly off the mark ,

do you think spend time n cash doing a shorten job on it and then switch it around on the rare occasion i got back to the woods to play or go new mp5 or similar ?

i cant really go for more than about £125 ish either way,

anyone do a regular switch around or am i just asking for probs on constant reconfighure barrel swapping eg, with bits wearing out?

thanks andy

I got around this by buying an extra upper Receiver/RIS/Barrels etc and now just swap the whole top end in one go, takes seconds and causes no wear.

Oh and welcome...sorry forgot that LOL

yes mate welcome aboard, i'd say same as above get a different front end if you feel it is too long

you could always shoot from the hip and be a gangsta :lol:

Putting a shorter front end on it will save all of 6 inches max. If there is that little room even a CQB weapon wont be much use.

My old M4 S-system and my M4 CQB shorty: Not a great deal of difference.

IMG_0231-1.jpg

I'd keep it and buy a pistol. Use the pistol for really tight spots and the M4 where space allows.

You could do the old parts swap, but me id just look on the second hand guns, lots of people are getting rid of their kit, and if you can pick up a MP5 for a decent cost, you will then have two guns to play with and not one :D

Welcome to the forums

Archived