M-14 DMR conversion

Henners
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

I want to convert an M-14 AEG to semi-auto fire mode only, and push up the fps- basically turn it into a DMR.

Some people have mentioned 'Mosfet' and Programmable switches to me, and I don't really know what they are or how they work. Could someone please enlighten me?

Do people not just usually replace the fire mode selector switch/machinery?

Anyway, an explanation as to how these work and how to go about this conversion would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

• Supporters

Basically you can buy these electronic control units and have them hard wired into your AEGs electronic systems.

Alternately, you can buy some that just plug into the gun before the battery. So there's the gun, then you plug in the mosfet, then you plug the battery into that to add power to the whole circuit.

The snazzy expensive ones can be programmed to do different things, such as only allowing semi fire, allowing semi and auto, allowing semi and burst and even allowing all three if you have 3 positions on your fire selector lever.

I've never looked into locking a gun to semi, but I imagine you're right about being able to just alter the internals in some way to disallow the function of auto and that probably would be a better idea if it is possible, because complex mosfets can be quite expensive. I'm looking at getting one to allow my M16 to fire burst and it's about £100... Though it does also replace the anti-reversal latch from the gearbox, so the trigger response is faster and it makes it impossible for the gearbox to lock up, as they occasionally do on semi-auto.

Good luck with the conversion anyway, I'd be interested in hearing how it all goes, I've got an M14 I'd like to DMRificate at some point as well, so if you're willing to do a write up once you're done I'd appreciate it.

Archived