Warrior L96 problem

crazydan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all

i have a problem with my L96, ive upgraded a few parts in the gun. eg spring,piston,spring guide and a few bits more. but i picked it up after my skirmish and i thought i would clean it out and what had you. then when i put it all back together, and i tried to cock it, and all that happened is it flong straight forward. it didnt cock at all.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

i think its to do with the plastic trigger unit broken inside but not sure

thanks

• Supporters

It's called slam firing, here's some information on what causes it; http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/slamfiring.htm

if you've left the internals stock and just banged a big spring in, you wouldn't be the first and wont be the last but your still a silly billy :)

just upgrade/ replace your trigger system with a better metal one. thats what was causing a friends anyway, a zero trigger fixed it

if you've left the internals stock and just banged a big spring in, you wouldn't be the first and wont be the last but your still a silly billy :)

just upgrade/ replace your trigger system with a better metal one. thats what was causing a friends anyway, a zero trigger fixed it

nah not that stupid, i ypgraded the spring along with cylinder and cylinder head and spring guide. but yea thanks, im not going for laylax as way to priced so going for just metal aspuk trigger unit

nah not that stupid, i ypgraded the spring along with cylinder and cylinder head and spring guide. but yea thanks, im not going for laylax as way to priced so going for just metal aspuk trigger unit

aspuk stuff is decent for the price, kitted my k9 out with their bar10 stuff and works brill

• Supporters

Sorry to say, yes you are :P

When you upgrade the power, you also need to upgrade either the whole trigger unit, or the sears to stronger ones.

I got the metal one from Airsoft World, and the rest of my upgrades from ASPUK, got consistent 500 FPS now and bloody good accuracy and range.

Their stuff's definitely worth the cheap price tag it has.

Sorry to say, yes you are :P

When you upgrade the power, you also need to upgrade either the whole trigger unit, or the sears to stronger ones.

I got the metal one from Airsoft World, and the rest of my upgrades from ASPUK, got consistent 500 FPS now and bloody good accuracy and range.

Their stuff's definitely worth the cheap price tag it has.

I know, i was aware i needed a metal trigger unit if i was going to upgrade the power, but airsoft world didnt have any in stock, and still dont

I know, i was aware i needed a metal trigger unit if i was going to upgrade the power, but airsoft world didnt have any in stock, and still dont

I have just upgraded the spring, spring guide, piston, barrel and trigger ( to a metal trigger unit) on my Warrior L96, the metal trigger assemblies were out of stock everywhere but here L96 Metal Trigger Assembly - very cheap ( except for postage), as long as you don't mind waiting just over a week.

After installing mine it works perfectly with my other parts! I'd definitely recommend it.

I have just upgraded the spring, spring guide, piston, barrel and trigger ( to a metal trigger unit) on my Warrior L96, the metal trigger assemblies were out of stock everywhere but here L96 Metal Trigger Assembly - very cheap ( except for postage), as long as you don't mind waiting just over a week.

After installing mine it works perfectly with my other parts! I'd definitely recommend it.

What brand parts did you use?

What brand parts did you use?

I used a Madbull barrel, Laylax spring and the rest were ASPUK parts. I know people say to not mix parts and to stick with one brand but thats quite hard when your on a budget and also I don't think it's bad to mix these brands, it's just I usually avoid mixing PDI and Laylax, I think the rest are fine :)

nah, mixing our ASPUK Parts with others is fine. Layax too tbh. PDI can be tempermental but tbh not much can go wrong in the APS based rifles.

So, the rifle was working with all the parts until you re-opened to clean and since then it slam fires?

It could be either requiring new sears or possibly new piston sear return springs - if these get damaged , bent or weakend in any way, they can give way under the strain more easily.

You mention the trigger box - yep these are plastic and crack/break easily, especially if the screws are over tightened in conjuction with a high power spring. Defo suggest metal trigger box, Airsoft Wold currently have some.

Or, get a Zero Trigger from Laylax, PDI or from us in about 4 weeks time (long time coming for our own brand but copyright paperwork nearly finished).

Archived