Your Worst Skirmish

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Today was a pretty bad day for airsofting for me.

Our party went home at lunch, mainly because of the rain.

Went to chrono the guns, my step-dad's G&G was shooting at 190 FPS with .20g BBs.

During the first game, his gun packed up, with it sounding like it was just the motor spinning in the gearbox. So he returned to the car to get a back up gun.

The rest of us couldn't see anything because it was raining and cold, and our goggles steamed up as soon as we stopped for 5 seconds.

Went back to the car after the first game to try find mesh masks.

My step-dad's backup gun also packed up (changed gearbox last night, as the original APS exploded).

So went home.

The annoying thing was that it's the first time using my M16 properly..

What's your worst day airsofting?

Also, what do you do in the rain and cold?

Mesh goggles a good idea? Wear a hat to keep the rain off my face?

Any other suggestions?

Even if it rains I would stay there all day, the problem with mesh in the rain is that sometimes rain droplets get in the holes of the mesh and blurs your view, and then when you get shot in the face you get a face full of water

• Supporters

I would have done, but I could see literally nothing, I actually walked into a tree because I couldn't see. And my step-dad had no weapon to use.

• Supporters

Well my personall worst and funny in hindsight was when i fired my glock but the damn thing blew the slide of hit me in the face and vented all the gas

and use a hat to keep the rain of your head helps a little not a lot but meh

• Supporters

My worst day of airsofting? Probably first ever game- Trousers were way to big and spent the whole day holding them up and not really shooting much.

When it's raining, or look like it's going to rain it can be quite miserable, mesh might help a bit, as might a hat too.

Couple of times at ground zero woodland I have had my worst games. Spent days wandering around trying to find objectives, with no maps, no directions, no real information and then getting lit up full auto from under 5 yards by some "wat who has sat in a bush all frigging day in the hope some poor sucker wanders past. Added to the lack of marshals, non hit takers and general hilly gravel pit nature of the site, I bloody hate it.

As to goggles/glasses. Mates viper goggles did not steam up today as he did not remove them as they formed a nice seal round his face and kept the moisture out. My mesh was fine, had no droplets issues and could see ok. The amount of people having issues with shooting glasses today was interesting, especially those without hats of any type.

Went to Combat South today, started at 9 degrees and raining, finished at lunchtime (well I did) at 3 degrees and snowing! Had a cracking day though. 30 per side, close and fast games, shot lots and got shot lots and had loads of fun. (finished at 1pm as working a 12 hour night shift tonight)

today has to have been my worst even against the snow day game mainly because i forgot my water proofs and half the players left at lunchtime

• Supporters
The annoying thing was that it's the first time using my M16 properly..

How did you find it? I used mine for the first time yesterday at an indoor CQB/Urban venue and I honestly loved it. The range and power are really lacking for woodland but it was perfect for indoors. Very satisfyingly accurate at around 20m.

Only issue I have is that the time between pulling the trigger and a getting a response from the motor feels like forever and causes it to jam on semi A LOT, and when you can only use semi, that becomes very annoying and inconvenient, as well as quite scary, when you and your brother are the only people in a room being advanced on from all sides lol.

I'm hoping the removal of the anti-reversal latch when I fit the electronic control unit thing ought to hopefully sort that out though.

• Supporters

I used .25g BBs, had amazing range and accuracy.

Mine has really good trigger response and rate of fire. What batteries are you using?

• Supporters

Yours has a stronger spring I think, that could possibly be having an impact of the range and accuracy.

I'm running an M90 with an 8.4v large type.

Rate of fire is truly demonic, but I couldn't use auto, so yeah =[

• Supporters

I'm using the stock spring, shooting constant 330 FPS.

You got the stock M120 motor in it?

One of my best days was in the rain but it would have been better without. It was at gunman and although it was raining really heavily, we were soaking wet and caked in mud the level of play was so good it made it worth it. Get yourself a waterproof poncho for the rain, they're really good and you can use them as a bascha.

As for my worst day... Anybody have those freinds you don't really like but have to be friendly to? well I had to bring one along to airsoft for his birthday and the prick must have h=broke every airsoft rule invented. No idea why the marshals didn't kick him off.

We've all had them, or we will have.

Rain? Doesn't bother me much, tbh I prefer it to summer heat.

Personally, the game that I've least enjoyed was the last one I had. I still had a good day, but it wasn't as enjoyable as usual. Why?

We had 4 snipers on our team, 3 of them springers and Dave with his gas-powered-tube. 3 of these players had never used snipers in a game before. Our enemy had 1 sniper, who like Dave, is an experienced (and pretty damn good) marksman.

The problem?

Half of our team wasn't moving because they were either playing sniper, or playing 'spotter' for the sniper. Or just plain lazy. The result was that even in 1 game where we were attacking a fixed position, we got pushed back, repeatedly. Dave knew what he was doing. (hell even when he was using his UMP he was a better marksman) Unfortunately, this, combined with me and 2 other players furiously trying to encourage our teammates on, was not enough, and I think we won a total of 1, perhaps 2 games out of 8. We very nearly came close to winning another game, but lost in the last minute (after we captured a base, held onto it for 8 minutes and lost it in the 9th. We very nearly recaptured it.)

There were times when I felt suspiciously like a Soviet Kommissar trying to get my teammates to move their arses, just slightly so we could start a flanking move.

Gotta be a draw between the game where a group of 9 people turned up, and cheated all the way through the game. Didn't take hits and spawned in the wrong places.

Other was a night game. In a place where i've never played before. Spent quite a bit of time getting lost, or getting killed :P Thought it would have been a bit better if i played there in the day first XD

Days were still enjoyable but it had a bit of a bitter after taste :P

Worst game at BritTac in Sheffield. Played inside the old transport ministry which was great, office style CQB. The morning was amazing the mini games were fantastic but as for the afternoon:

one big game started well but the majority (about 2-3 hours) was spent trying to get from the first building to another, only one route which was a narrow corridor which they had covered with a couple of MG's. our team had no pyro and the enemy was spawning behind us (stuck in our building). had no choice but to keep assaulting the corridor on the 3rd floor, never been pegged so much in one game after a while respawning constantly up and down stairs it was just painful. Put me off CQB for a long time lol

• Supporters
I'm using the stock spring, shooting constant 330 FPS.

You got the stock M120 motor in it?

As far as I know, yeah.

I've had a new piston and piston head fitted though because when I got the gun the piston was FUBAR but I don't think that ought to make much difference.

It's running at around 320fps with a tight bore fitted at the last chrono, but it's very inconsistent, it can jump by about 20fps, though I guess it could've been a shite chronograph.

I'm planning on getting an M110 spring for it, or an M130 and cutting it down to extend the life a bit and have it running closer to where I want it.

• Supporters

My FPS was lowered and consistency increased by drilling a hole in the nozzle (or whatever that little bit that sticks out the front of the gearbox is). Fire Support did it before the start for me.

The problem?

Half of our team wasn't moving because they were either playing sniper, or playing 'spotter' for the sniper. Or just plain lazy. The result was that even in 1 game where we were attacking a fixed position, we got pushed back, repeatedly. Dave knew what he was doing. (hell even when he was using his UMP he was a better marksman) Unfortunately, this, combined with me and 2 other players furiously trying to encourage our teammates on, was not enough, and I think we won a total of 1, perhaps 2 games out of 8. We very nearly came close to winning another game, but lost in the last minute (after we captured a base, held onto it for 8 minutes and lost it in the 9th. We very nearly recaptured it.)

There were times when I felt suspiciously like a Soviet Kommissar trying to get my teammates to move their arses, just slightly so we could start a flanking move.

Nothing more annoying than players that don't move up or contribute. Have this problem so much at CQB where people won't clear out rooms and then block the doors so that the people that do want to get through can't.

Nothing more annoying than players that don't move up or contribute. Have this problem so much at CQB where people won't clear out rooms and then block the doors so that the people that do want to get through can't.

more annoying still are the ones that start shouting and balling like a soviet commisar and then stand and watch what happens instead of leading the charge... like a soviet commisar haha

paperpirate, I didn't actually do the "shouty shouty, 'go over there', I'm in charge " trick, It doesn't suit me, and I pretty much hate those players anyway.

And I did lead from the front.

Almost every game. With the inevitable results, since it was me and 3 people attacking against the entire enemy team, whilst the rest of our team sat and did bugger all.

We (the team as a whole) would come up with a plan - and my group would set off, Dave would go about his sniping - and we'd return about 5 minutes later to the respawn to find most of our team still there, not doing anything.

When you are the attackers, and your enemy has no-where to go but backwards (game mechanism) - it's just plain embarrassing if they push you back...

People just did nothing.

I wasn't telling people to do stuff. I asked a few times, on the lines of "do you think you guys could..." - nothing. And then they complained when we lost.

more annoying still are the ones that start shouting and balling like a soviet commisar and then stand and watch what happens instead of leading the charge... like a soviet commisar haha

Agreed, although if they are moving up themselves then fair enough to shout to a degree. I usualy offer to run in first but ask people to follow behind, of course they usualy don't :lol:

Agreed, although if they are moving up themselves then fair enough to shout to a degree. I usualy offer to run in first but ask people to follow behind, of course they usualy don't :lol:

yeah cqb rush in hope for the best, then at local site your usually 2 minute tops from the respawn point, or even the nearest stairwell for some games.

man up and look like you've got chicken pox by the end haha

I love bad weather.

As for CBQ, there is always one bastard that hides udner a table in the corner of a room.......and its always the same bastard that ends up with grenades landning right in front of his face.

i love grenades

Hmmm the worst skirmish day for me was probably when I turned up at the site and was told that nobody had come but me :o and I was the only booking. In the end it was alright even though it was just me and the marshals. 3v3 but I got some cracking long range shots in with my sniper :D

Not as good as when there used to be about 15 on each team though, unfortunately the site closed down shortly after because of a lack of players. R.I.P Redditch airsoft.

Archived