Help please...

trotty002
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

I'm over 18 so i think i am legally allowed to have a 2 tone air soft gun without being registered.

However i was given a Full Black RIF a few years ago as a present and as i understand it, i'm pretty sure its illegal for me to own it as i'm not a registered air soft player.

I want to go to a local skirmish near me and become a registered player and obviously play there.

Basically i would like to know if i am allowed to take my own gun (which is black) and use it even if i'm not registered there yet?

I don't want to turn up and have it taken off of me because i would like to carry on using it when i'm registered.

Is this ok or will i have to hire a gun three times before i can take mine?

Thanks

Tom.

if you have been gifted it its fine and legal.its if you sell or buy a rif using money.you can buy a two tone.most sites dont care what gun you have got and cant take it off you as its yours.you can get ukara registered by going to 3 games in no less than 2 months.

If you already owned it prior to 2007 (When the VCRA came into effect) then it has no bearing on you. The law only covers the purchase/manufacture and import of RIFs; not the ownership.

It's perfectly legal for you to use ones you already own if you haven't got your site membership yet.

Archived