Reusing bbs

Deano
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

A mate of mine was in his garden the other day shorting and a bucket witha towel in side then started to refill from the used bbs.

I said I hear this isn't a good idea as u may jam or damage the barrel. But his argument was most hit the towel and look fine.

I said I don't think it's just the impact that stresses the bbs but also the firing.

Am I right in this.

Up to you if you want to risk it but I wouldn't personally.

• Supporters

Your right because the force of the air coming out and the fact it is bouncing around the barrel destroys it plenty of rwasons really

TBH I do sometimes reuse BBs but only in 40mm Grenades where fragging doesn't really matter.

• Supporters

I've reused BBs loads of times and I've never had a problem.

Obviously if they've got visible imperfections like cracks or chips off them, or if they're caked in dirt or sand or something, then I leave them out. But if they look fine, chances are they probably are.

That said, buying 3000 BBs and then never using any other ammo, ever, wouldn't be a good idea lol.

Only ever reuse them once if you're going to at all.

• Supporters

Basically Anything can go in a M203 40MM used or unused and the same for grenades including .12's and the dodgey BB's that are included when you buy a new gun otherwise only .20's and higher for their first run through.

• 1 month later...

never had a problem reusing bbs. i just take out any that look damaged etc. its not caused me any trouble. its not caused anyone i know problems either.

• Supporters

In higher spec guns with higher tolerances it will probably cause problems- and you're best off not even trying anyway as there's always a chance, besides ammo is so cheap that there isn't really any need too (I mean 3000 for ~£8 so its not like you're likely to run out :P)

Archived