Probably a stupid question

Fred
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi this is probably a stupid question but are there non ukara shops that sell the same guns. Ive already started getting my stamps so i can get a registered gun, its more curiosity really.

Im not its just curiousity, as i said ive already started getting my stamps and will

More than likely be a member before ive even got enough cash to buy a gun, and ive also asked about the best shops on the guns and shops part of the forum, dont really think its fair to jump to a conclusion like that based on one post. Surely being interested in the ins and outs of a law that im not that familiar with would be a good thing, not that it means im a criminal which is what trying to get round the law would make me and what youve practically just called me. , i know about airsoftpanda and the other shops like that that you can order the full black guns from. So if i did intend to break the law i'd have done it by now. As i said im curious

You would be better off being curious about which Shops sell the best Kit and offer the best service rahter than which ones are dodgey ;-)

I am and a guy in the gun sections sorted me out i know what i want and where to get it. Its an interesting law plus i dont have to do much at work so ive spent all day reading all the posts and there was only that part which i wasnt 100% sure on. I will keep my curiousity to myself in the future to save any misunderstandings

• Supporters

sorry but the wording wasn't that great so i didn't feel it would be safe to give one too you as we had one person and we have others constantly trying to get hold of a RIF illegally so thats why i answered besides most of the ones not UKARA registered are the dodgest retailers out their

• AF-UK Founding Member

If you're getting your stamps then you needn't worry.

If you can manage to get hold of a RIF without any form of defence then that would be illegal anyway. Trying to get something from outside of the UK will result in customs seizing it if there is no form of defence attached and you would find it very hard to get something in the UK considering how well regulated UK retailers are.

This ukara soap box people are stood on gets me angry. Get over yaself people they are TOYS the law is the law but the guys just asking a simple question and you lot jump on the band wagon of ooooh i have my UKARA you dont so i dont trust you!

Please people be a bit more polite as most airsoft shops hate this law, most sites hate this law so lets not think we are better than others because we can have black toys and others dont.

This ukara soap box people are stood on gets me angry. Get over yaself people they are TOYS the law is the law but the guys just asking a simple question and you lot jump on the band wagon of ooooh i have my UKARA you dont so i dont trust you!

Please people be a bit more polite as most airsoft shops hate this law, most sites hate this law so lets not think we are better than others because we can have black toys and others dont.

Nothing to do with UKARA I don't have mine :P but wouldn't dream of asking how to find loopholes in legislation which may threaten our sport.

Have you thought that some of these people asking "noob questions" might, just MIGHT be nosey Jounos snooping around for a "Shock/horror story" :rolleyes:

If they want to know how to get started legally or where are the best places to play or buy from they will receive all the help they require ;)

I have been "nice and helpful" in OP's other thread :)

I just want to add my two pence worth as a retailer. There are retailers out there selling black RIFs and are not part of UKARA. From my understanding UKARA is not a legal requirement, however I believe without it then Airsoft would not have the exemption it has and Airsoft would not exist in the UK.

Some may know we have intended to sell these guns for some time, however before we even purchased stock we became UKARA registered. I strongly feel that it is everyones responsibility to preserve the exemption and support the UKARA scheme. From retailers selling the guns to be registered, to skirmishers geting their stamps.

As players the UKARA is a bit double edged sword, it seems a pain to get (especially if you under 18 and your parents dont play) but it also is a rather neat way to encourage club membership, regular play, etc.

As retailers as Army Surplus comments its not 'needed', but without a way to verify who is entitled to buy you open yourself up to a very simple sting operation by local trading standards, media or police. I also know of a local shop looking to start stocking RIF's, currently only doing IF's. They are very carefully ensuring the Police and all other official bodies know and are OK as well as sorting UKARA status so they can purchase the guns as a store and safely sell them.

There is I suppose no reason someone could not setup a rival scheme to UKARA. It is just an agreed way to ensure someone meets the legal definition of an airsofter for exemption under UK VCRA act. However not sure how well a rival scheme would work in simple economic terms, the current system works, allows for private sellers to check peeps free and isn't pricey. As well as having nearly all retailers and sites signed up.

So I think the answer to your question is one of those UK legal fudges... you don't have to be but everyone is :)

• 2 weeks later...

As most people will understand most rid retailers offer a two tone service for an extra charge... And over 3/4 of the UK's main online retailers offer this service...

Since you state it won't be long till you get ukara the choice is up to you, either hire a gun for a few matches or buy two tone - I bought two tone on my sniper rifle but considering I have plenty of camo tape, burlap rifle wraps and a spray kit, once I'm registered it's a matter of hours to have it the way I want it...

Cheers Liam

Archived