Hi or mid caps

Deano
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Am I better using my mids or high end caps

The hi ends are both windup type and also noisy. But I don't really want to run out half way through a game.

I've not used either on this gun yet. So not sure how many I'd use in a game. What's your preference and why. And how many mags do you use in a game

Am I better using my mids or high end caps

The hi ends are both windup type and also noisy. But I don't really want to run out half way through a game.

I've not used either on this gun yet. So not sure how many I'd use in a game. What's your preference and why. And how many mags do you use in a game

I find (Generally speaking) if you play airsoft because you like running around shooting the sh*t outta people high caps work best, if you play airsoft for the fun of combat sim and shooting the sh*t outta people mids work great.

Sad as it sounds i personally love having to reload mid combat, plus it learns you trigger discipline.

I find a set of 5 midcaps will last long enough to get me through a couple of games, i always carry one filled highcap on the end pouch of my rig though incase i run out of mids.

^^^ I play for the shooting more than the sim... but i only really use mids.

I find i use much more ammo with highcaps, and i hate the rattle and the winding.

Go midcaps, thier so much better.

i started using high caps then changed to mids and high caps as i ate though bbs like no tomorow,and im now switching to mids only as you dont have to wind the mags and they dont rattle,i also find your loadout is lighter and you keep your gun in semi most of the time to conserve ammo

i carry a few mids and 1 or 2 high as a back up, unless you are planning on sneaking around the rattle wont cause any problems.

i personaly prefere the mids because you get a large number of rounds without winding where as high caps you end up winding constantly which does get abit annoying imo. but we cant tell you whats best for you when we have no idea how you play you need to fit the kit around your playstyle if youve already played a game you should have an idea how much ammo you go through. another point is how much you want to carry, 2 high caps will do the work of 4 - 5 mids which will require some form of vest/belt setup.

alot of people start on high caps and end up on low/mid caps, it adds more of a challege to the game trying to pick your shots instead of being an m4 high cap hero, who stands and blazes till they are shouted at

i love reloading , so i only use real caps now.

i keep a speed loader and extra ammo on me aswell incase i run out, and a midcap in my last pouch should i need it.

Depends upon how the site runs as well. If there are gaps between games, respawns as well then you can run with mids and have time to relaod. If not then hicaps may be for you. However this is a personal choice. Most hicaps will shot about 50 bb's between winds, most mid caps will shoot 100 before needing changing, so potentially you can actually fire more bb's in a fight from a midcap at one player before pausing.

You may like to provide supporting fire to others, then hicaps are good, you may like to sneak, then mid/low are good.

Fire discipline has nothing to do with what magazine type you are running, it has to do with the player.

I would recommend you get 2 hicaps to start with. Its a low price point and will allow one to be used and another to be spare and filled. When you get a respawn/pause in game you can refill both from a spare bottle/bag in you pocket or pouches.

I tend to play with 4-6 hicaps. Don't always use them all, sometimes I do if I feel gung ho and in the middle of a large fight. I also carry about 2000 extra in a pouch to refill when I can. This also allows me to pass a mag to a hire gun, or give bb's out to those that have run out mid game (I mean 500bb's is what a £1). Also stops me going back to the safe zone to get more. Some days I will use 3000bb's, some times I will use 300, depends upon what type of day I have.

As to rattling, yes it does and does bother me sometimes, if I can hear it over me puffing like a train and tripping over logs! However it is surprising how quiet they are when you move slowly.

Depends upon how the site runs as well. If there are gaps between games, respawns as well then you can run with mids and have time to relaod.

You would think so, but i usually use 1 high-cap a round at my local.

But if im using mids, its down to 1 or 1 and a half mids.

Usually get more stuck in aswell, rather than staying back at times. Highs just alter your playing style a tad IMO

Like I said depends upon site. Some sites run 30min single objective games, some run 2 hour multi objective rolling games it is totally dependent upon site, some run all day objectives at random times if you can find the bloody things type games, some sites run milsim. It has a bearing on the amount of ammo you use.

Archived