Whirring sound then slow firing...

philipwhite97
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I went out to use my CM16 Raider-L and for some reason it changed from a fully working gun to a gun that seemed like it had a dead battery. I thought at the time I didn't charge the battery after the skirmish I went to so I charged my battery and put it back in and set up to plink in the garden (to check if it was just a dead battery) and it did the same. It makes a whirring sound then fires really slowly. My guess is that the motor is dying but I have no technical experience with airsoft guns.

My gun is stock so I can't see why it would have done this so suddenly, and I have only put around 5,000 bb's through it which is too much of a small number for a quality gun to start 'dying' on me, as I said I don't know... :unsure:

Thanks for your time,

Phil

try the following, in order of difficulty:

1: get another known good battery and try that (you may have overcharged the battery or have a dead battery or dead charger, so a description may be nice)

2 remove the motor from the grip and try it with the known good battery. If it is ok then it will jump round like a good 'un out of the gun. If it does not then your motor is goosed.

3: you have worn something in the gearbox, which will need to be opened and checked, probably stripped a gear.

that's what i can think of in order of probability as well.

It's an 8.4v VP 1600 MaH crane stock battery, and the charger seems like it is working. I'll try a friends battery and if that does nothing i'll check the motor. I just hope its not the gearbox internals. :(

The charger is a smart charger so I don't think its the battery being over/undercharged.

Like the other post id guess at knackerd motor (ve carefull when testing out gun them motors r lively) or a stripped gear as said as what it could be doing is just spinning the gear until it bites on the piston and pulls it bk or you might have stripped the piston teeth. So many things can cause this ie bad angle of engagment or a peice of broken plastic has gone in and chewed ure gears. Dont keep firing tho as you could do some nasty damage if its the later!

Archived