Receiver engraving stickers?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just wondering if there are stickers you can put on guns to change what the engravings show, if you get me?

For example, I want my M16 to have burst instead of auto on the fire selector and I want the FN USMC trades, can I get them in the form of stickers to just cover the existing trades?

• Supporters

Aren't the existing trades engraved into the receiver?

• Supporters

The G&P M16A3 can come with either the Colt M4 OR M16, or the Marine M4 OR M16 receiver.

Because I got mine from a swap I didn't get to pick and despite being an M16, mine has the M4 Marine receiver, which is just wrong lol.

Whilst I've been scouring the internet I've found that FN have license to manufacture the USMC's M16A4s, so they're not made by Colt, so it's wrong to have either the Colt, or the Marine trades, I don't think the Marine trades are even real.

Which is why I NEED this receiver to fit, 'cos it's got the FN markings and it has "Burst" on the selector.

Soooo, I want a "Burst" sticker to stick over the "Auto" marking and I want the FN logo to cover the Marine M4 stamp that's on mine, because, if they exist, I won't have to spend any money on a new receiver or worry about any compatibility issues.

• Supporters

I know what you mean, but on my M16, the trades are actually engraved in, they're about half a mm deep, so putting a sticker over them would look odd.

Are yours different?

• Supporters

Mine are white and not actually carved into the receiver, it's like some sort of paint or something.

You can feel it when you run your hand over it, but it feels more like it sticks out a bit than in.

• Supporters

Oh, easier to change then.. The only way to change mine would be to change the receiver, or fill them in (somehow) and re-engrave them (somehow) :L

• Supporters

Well I'm thinking the white will be visible if I just stick something over the current trades, so ideally I'd want something that has a larger, dark backing as well as the trades, as then the white trades can be fullly covered and the sticker's darker backing could blend in with the natural black of the gun.

I doubt I'll ever find the FN stamp, but I might be able to fashion a "Burst" option for the selector.

If all else fails, it might be possible to sand all the markings off, repaint the receiver and then have a laser engraving machine permanently etch what I want onto the receiver.

But, that will probably cost a lot and be hard to do, so it's probably more likey I'll give up on the idea before resorting to that.

• Supporters

You'll probably be better off buying the M16A4 receiver and being prepared to need a TM gearbox to go with it if it doesn't fit.

• Supporters

But then I'll have to be good at copying stuff lol.

I was thinking, I can probably get the trades I want off the internet from somewhere on Google images or something, and then print them out and make some sort of stencil and just spray it on after spraying over the current trades, or maybe even engraving it on with the engraving pen you've mentioned.

But I have't a clue how to print the trades off in the size that I want them to be, or how to make a stencil, or even which paints to use. I don't want it to look like those super shite paint jobs you see people do just to get rid of their gun's two tone-ness.

Archived