What charger should I get ?

Bugibbian
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I have a classic arms LR300 that came with a 9.6V Ni-MH 2.200 mAh battery pack, but no charger.

I bought a Ni-MH & Ni-Cd battery charger that should charge 8.4 -11.2 v batteries at 600mA. The battery charged for abut 15 mins ( red light on charger went green) and the battery just gave no power when tried on the LR300.

So I thought that I bought the wrong charger and went for another charger which is an AC/DC adapter class II transformer with a battery pack charger attached ( model vte500p 4 to 10 cells) with an input of 18v 500mA giving a charging current of 500mA. This gave better results but the battery dies after 10 mins or so of usage and loses charge by the next day when not used.

I thought I had something wrong in the battery pack so I took it to the shop from where I bought it and he charged the battery for about 30/40 mins on his charger and it worked beautifully. I did notice though that the battery went abit hot when he charged it and am not sure if this is normal or not. In any case we tried the LR with the charged battery and it worked great. Regretfully he had no chargers for sale and did not take the specs of the charger he used !! :(

Well I guess I need to get a good charger and don't want to get a 3rd wrong one. Can anyone guide me to the best charger to buy for my battery pack, so I can enjoy some good action with the LR300 :rolleyes: ?

Thanks in advance.

I would have thought it may be a dying battery, but you said the guy charged it and it was fine.

I have this charger (currently sold out though)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360397928753

And this works wonders, all my batteries hold their charge too.

And I charge 8.4v 2200 mah batteries and 9.6v 1600 mah batteries without a problem.

Thanks for that information. What do you charge at 300 mA or 600 mA?

Thanks for that information. What do you charge at 300 mA or 600 mA?

If i'm doing it in the day when i'm in the house, I do it at 600mA due to it being faster, if I'm going bed (depends what time) I'll put it on 300mA over night so it will be just about ready for when I wake up.

Archived