help with gun maitainence...

Wardeneo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, as some may know I'm new to airsoft. I have bought a warrior l96, but the problem Im having is cocking the rifle is hard and stiff- and although this might be due to the gun being new - is there any way of making this action much easier and smoother? - I also have silicone maitainence spray but haven't used this yet untill I know more...

Many thanks Liam

if you've a decent spring in there it will just be that making it hard to pull back, is it hard to push back forward again or just the one way?

if its just on the way back, you'll just have to practice

if you've a decent spring in there it will just be that making it hard to pull back, is it hard to push back forward again or just the one way?

if its just on the way back, you'll just have to practice

It's mainly when u push bolt down after cocking it, it's that little pin that stops the bolt turning when it's being pulled back that I think is making it stiff...

It's the same even if you don't cock the gun, if I lift bolt all the way and then push it back down its stiff.

Any ideas?

Many thanks liam

• Supporters

It's because the bolt is coming loose from the cylinder. Mine's the same, to solve temporarily, just tighten the screw in the end of the bolt as much as you can, but with use, it comes loose again.

• Supporters

Could try putting some locktite on the screw?

Yh I still have that little screw - rifles only brand new lol - and it's seemed to have evened up a little - I will look at those screws though - other than that what upgrades can I get to make it more accurate and powerfull (max fps 500 - site limits)

Many thanks liam

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there are quite a few upgrades available for the L96 from a new inner barrel with a tighter bore such as a 6.03mm or a 6.01 which you need quality bbs for say .28 to .40 depending on your upgrades you make you can get a new cylinder in steel as well as uprade the spring the piston upgrading the spring guide is adviseable too you can also teflon tape all your air seals and improve the rubber spacers between the inner and outer barrel if you keep the stock barrel you dont have to purchase barrel spacers just place the stock rubber ones equaly along the barrel and the use electric tape on eithr side of the spacers and buid it up untill it is level or just below the spacers so it fits into the barrel snuggly but not over tight as you may need to remove it as you upgradee also the hop up on the stock gun is not the best this can also be upgaded too as can the trigger sear or if you can find one a steel trigger box so really the short or should i say long story is yes there are lots of upgrades for the stock gun and its not a cheap project gun i have one of these and i have not fully upgraded it as yet still got lots to do its an ongoing project

Archived