Best Gearbox Makes

200rabbits
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have an AK (by APS) that looks amazing, and it's impressively accurate as well, but you have to reset the gearbox every 50 rounds for the constant jams. I've had it looked at, and I've been sitting on it for a good few months, and since I'll probably end up replacing more than half the parts trying to work out what's wrong, I've decided to just buy a whole new gearbox.

I'm sure there's endless discussions out there about the fastest shooting gearbox configurations and so on, but what about reliability?

In the opinion of the people of Britain, who makes the best gearboxes? Who makes the best version 3 gearboxes? And what about other gearboxes?

• Supporters

What would you say about TM, Dave?

APS rifles are fully TM compatible. Or so they say.

• Supporters

Wow, it's TM compatible. I'd say go for it.

• Supporters

I stand corrected. Well found, good sir.

well, yes to TM, but TM has to come as the whole thing. The gearboxes aren't anything amazing, but always work happily at pretty much any power, but it's the Hop unit that makes the TM's.

• Supporters

Is the gearbox linked actually something that would fit into an AK? I wouldn't have thought all gun models would have the same shape gearbox. My M16 gearbox looks just like that one, but I'd have thought AKs would have to have something different...

I might be wrong, I don't know much about this sort of thing.

Archived