What gun?

Deano
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i wouldn't personally spend that much on your first AEG. get to know your game play a few times and see what would suit. dont forget that these are toys at the end of the day but how would you feel about breaking it in 'the field'? i have an ICS M4 but mine is the older model that was prone to cracking. are you thinking ABS or metal?? i am a fan of the ABS but i play prodominantly in woodland running about all day.

you cant really go wrong with ICS or you could try SRC - there pretty good for the money!

I was thinking metal so I don't break it.

Someone offered a tm m4a1 cq

For around £200 but i was a bit put off with the fact it's plastic and also thought close quarters might limit the range.

I understand about spending too much

But don't want to get stuck if I get something cheep try to upgrade later and can't sell it on.

I want something reliable and don't realy mine the weight issue.

I was thinking metal so I don't break it.

Someone offered a tm m4a1 cq

For around £200 but i was a bit put off with the fact it's plastic and also thought close quarters might limit the range.

I understand about spending too much

But don't want to get stuck if I get something cheep try to upgrade later and can't sell it on.

I want something reliable and don't realy mine the weight issue.

if you want reliability you cant go wrong with a TM they are good quality and the plastic isnt bad either just dont wrap it around a tree and it will be fine.. lol

• Supporters

If you're happy spending the money then I'd get the metal ICS M4, I hate plastic guns, I feel that the sport is basically better than paintball because of the realism, if we all buy plastic guns then where's the realism? But yah.

I love ICS and I was going to buy the M4 and still might in fact, my site use them as hire guns and they must all have had almost 1 million rounds through them and they're still going strong with only minor maintenance, they're a good upgrade platform for internals and they're easy to work on because of the gearbox design.

Some people might say that they're bad because a lot of aftermarket parts like rail kits don't often fit unless you get the ICS rail kit for example, but I don't have a problem with that, it just saves you searching for hours and hours online to find out what's compatible. It might cost a bit more but there's no need to worry, it won't break for ages, if it does it's easy to fit aaannnnndddd they're aaaammmmaazzzziinngg!

I'd say go for it. That is assuming you're happy with the £300 price tag. I spent £300 on my first gun, then a further £200 on mags and £100 on an ACOG scope, so it's just what you're comfortable with I guess.

Good luck with it either way and apologies for the wall of text lol.

If you're happy spending the money then I'd get the metal ICS M4, I hate plastic guns, I feel that the sport is basically better than paintball because of the realism, if we all buy plastic guns then where's the realism? But yah.

I love ICS and I was going to buy the M4 and still might in fact, my site use them as hire guns and they must all have had almost 1 million rounds through them and they're still going strong with only minor maintenance, they're a good upgrade platform for internals and they're easy to work on because of the gearbox design.

Some people might say that they're bad because a lot of aftermarket parts like rail kits don't often fit unless you get the ICS rail kit for example, but I don't have a problem with that, it just saves you searching for hours and hours online to find out what's compatible. It might cost a bit more but there's no need to worry, it won't break for ages, if it does it's easy to fit aaannnnndddd they're aaaammmmaazzzziinngg!

I'd say go for it. That is assuming you're happy with the £300 price tag. I spent £300 on my first gun, then a further £200 on mags and £100 on an ACOG scope, so it's just what you're comfortable with I guess.

Good luck with it either way and apologies for the wall of text lol.

Thanks for the input

Found a metal ics m4 for £150 looks good any problems I should be looking out for?

• Supporters

It's probably either really old, or not actually metal.

The worst that can really happen is that you'll have to buy all the internals again to replace the current ones if they're worn out, which is bound to cost less than the other £150 you'd spend if you bought one new.

It's up to you at the end of the day.

I'd personally say though, that piece of mind that comes with buying new, is worth the extra coin. Especially since it will likely come with some sort of warranty.

It's probably either really old, or not actually metal.

The worst that can really happen is that you'll have to buy all the internals again to replace the current ones if they're worn out, which is bound to cost less than the other £150 you'd spend if you bought one new.

It's up to you at the end of the day.

I'd personally say though, that piece of mind that comes with buying new, is worth the extra coin. Especially since it will likely come with some sort of warranty.

Going to have a look at it soon.

Think it is the metal one said it was got on Z1 two years ago lots of mags with it.

Someone has suggested evolotion Lonestar rangers the hardcore lo.

Anyone had much dealings with these as they are a metal and are 250- 275 new?

Archived