WE L85

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Prepare for a wall of text. Skip to paragraph two if you hate reading.

I know, I know, I know, I've entertained the idea of buying one of these about 500 times and you're probably all on the brink of murder now you're seeing that I'm doing it again, but this time I actually am just entertaining the idea, I doubt I'll be able to afford one for quite a while (especially considering I'd buy the RA Tech version). But that doesn't mean you shouldn't read on!

I'm just thinking, with CO2 mags, would it be possible to run a GBBR all year round and not have to give it up to AEGs in the winter? My WE M16 could always empty a whole mag on auto with one CO2 12g capsule and still have gas to spare for another few shots, even when it was below 10 C, it just didn't cycle very well because the buffer spring wasn't very good with the extra force of the stronger gas. I think now you can get enhanced buffer kits for the M16 variants which I imagine are to solve that problem, or alternately, just give a harder kick with green gas/propane. If I'm wrong regarding that then please fill in the blanks.

Does anyone know if the L85 is likely to share that problem? Is there a stronger recoil spring that can be bought for this reason, or will it just work fine with CO2 anyway? I can't find any videos online, or even anything in writing that tells me anything about the performance with CO2.

Also, this is a more general question, but how do NPAS kits actually work? Is the same amount of gas used with every shot when one is set to a low fps as the gun would have used without the NPAS fitted, or set to the highest level? If not then does that mean doing that increases your gas efficiency? Also, would setting one to a certain fps with green gas give the same fps if you fired it with CO2?

Thank you for reading through, all help is appreciated.

• Supporters

oh god where's the flippin Noose when i need it....

Ok don't know most of em but i think the last one i can give an answer to that being no it's a different Pressure gas

• Supporters

Yeah I thought that might be the case.

But I also thought that depending on how the system works it could still be the same. Like if the NPAS limits the size of the gas expansion chambre then only one amount of gas could fit into it, regardless of the gas type. But I guess the level of compression the gas is under will make a difference. Then there's the fact that NPAS kits might not work in the way that I assume they do, which is why I've asked lol.

I have a limited knowledge of gas related science.

Archived