US Law...

SgtTalbert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just a question really for my own knowledge...

Do you need a UKARA equivalent in the US?

I notice some of their guns are either look the real deal OR have a nice orange tip on the end...

Just wondering tis all..

Cheers,

P.S - On a UK front, the femme fatal type rifles (Purple and Pink) are they technically a 'two tone' purchase? (Not that I am looking to buy one!)

I just noticed on airsoft GI, they were selling a M4 black and M4 'femme fatal' as a his and hers pack for $250 (its now $287...)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10117

in the us everyone has to have a orange tip and its illegal to take off theres no way around it as far as im aware

i may be wrong but i think they are allowed to remove them when playing at a proper site like our non registered players can cover two tones when in game

If that is the case, its a big shame (I think) that our two tones cant just be an orange tip :(

Save having to spend £150 just to get UKARA :(

• Supporters

I'd like to know more about their fps limits because on youtube and stuff when watching review videos a lot of people seem to run AEGs at anything from 300 to 500 fps entirely based on the size of the playing area. I wish we could do that =[

• Supporters

I've looked a bit into US airsoft laws, and I think whether or not you need an orange tip is dependant on the particular state.

Some say you must have it on at all times.

Some say you must have it on at all times, excluding when at a skirmish.

Some say you only have to have them on if you're in a city.

Some say you don't have to have them at all.

I think they also have to be either the whole flash hider or at least 6mm bright orange.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The FPS limits seems to vary a lot at different fields in different states.

I remember looking at one site in Tennessee that allows 615 FPS with single shot, 540 for support weapons and 475 for regular AEGs. And these are standard game limits, they also have 'High FPS Games'..

Don't ask why I was looking at various airsoft sites in the US - I don't know.

One thing I know, is that I'd love to go to the US just to airsoft.

• Supporters

Pretty much as liam says really.

The orange tip depends on where you are, different states have different laws too, so that's where confusion comes from I suppose. Pistols have to have the front of the side painted u think too

FPS limits again are probably based on state laws (I assume) and different sites, shame we can have as high limits, id love a 520 FPS DMR :)

On a slightly off-topic note, have you seen Op: Irene?

• Supporters

Seen it? Is it a film? I wasn't in Somalia in 93 lol.

• Supporters

What I meant to say was, what is it?

• Supporters

I WILL SELL MY LEFT KIDNEY FOR THE CHANCE TO GO TO OP:IRENE OR BERGET.

Just putting that out there.

On topic however, the FF rifles are not technically two-tone, they're RIF according to the legislation, though personally, it allows for so much seller-discretion that I'd sell one as an IF.

Well America isn't really that strict on any firearm control over there.

Will always be tougher here.

I've seen vids of americans having thier airsoft rifle with an orange flash hider out in their front garden playing with it.

I'm sure i'll go to jail if i started waving a 2-tone around in my garden.

Archived