What guns use Version 2 gearbox and long shaft motors?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

What are all the guns that use the standard Version 2 gearbox and long shaft motors (ones in M4s and M16s)?

Thanks.

• Supporters

Thanks.

Does the G3 use all the same parts to the gearbox as the M4?

I did a quick bit of searching and some parts are different? The selector plate popped up a few times, anything else?

• Supporters

Okay, thanks.

Would an M4 trigger work in a G3?

I know a G3 wouldn't in an M4 as it's wider..

• Supporters

Okay, so not too much to change :P

Isn't the tappet plate the same?

Just did a quick Google for "g3 tappet plate" and they say "G3/M16 tappet plate" in the results?

And are the parts easy to change?

I've changed the selector plate before, broke mine when the gearbox wouldn't fit in my M4.

• Supporters

Okay thanks.

Final question; apart from what's been mentioned already, what do I need to put together a full G3?

I mean literally everything, barrel, body, stock, fire selector, etc. could anyone bring me up a list?

Thanks a lot.

• Supporters

I hate them anyway :P.

What would I need to build a G3? I need to do something with this gearbox..

• Supporters

How much you want for it then i was gonna finish of some gear buying but if price is decent im listening

and Marksman all the P90's use V6

and i done a search and im struggling to find any parts

• Supporters

Not sure really, it was £140 new and has had under 250 shots through it.

The selector plate has broken, but I have a spare, unopened one which I haven#'t had chance to put on yet.

Also, the motor caught one of the wires and damaged it, but it's been patched with electrical tape and no longer causes a problem.

It's this one here: http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...t&id=GP857A

The parts I have are 4 spare heatshrinks, connectors and screws, G&P M4 mag release, G&P M4 bolt catch, G&P M4 charging handle and the trigger guard.

Still unsure about selling as I'm so tempted to build/get a G3 now..

Unless you can find someone you know giving them away, or selling dirt cheap; It'll *probably* end up costing you more to build a G3 from parts than it will to buy a second hand one. (Unless you want to go full-out and get a full metal body/RIS/custom furniture etc., in which case you'd only end up buying new parts and removing the old ones anyway)

Nonetheless, you will need: (Not an extensive list, as there's bound to be bits I've forgotten in the nine years since I last had a G3)

Upper and lower receiver.

Stock with the butt plate/pad

Wiring (front or rear, depending)

Outer Barrel, foresight & flash hider, cocking lever and associated parts to access the hop unit.

Hop Unit & barrel assembly

Pistol grip with motor.

Safety catches

Mag release parts.

That's all I can think of at the moment; but there's probably some more small parts somewhere I've forgotten about.

Edit: *And a foregrip; duh!

It's the M16 series, MP5 (Except the K/PDW) and G3 series.

alot of mp5's use a version 3

• Supporters

Thanks Hudson, I'll probably get a second hand one, not fond of the RAS on G3s, looks a little weird. Will search various places and forums for internally broken G3s.

It's always good to have a spare gearbox though, just if/when something breaks. :) (Having spent the majority of the last 6 days taking apart about a dozen guns, having a spare gearbox to hand would be a Godsend!)

Archived