M4/M16 Hop Units

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm considering changing the actual hop unit in my G&P M16, but will it really make a difference?

I currently have a Madbull blue rubber and tightbore barrel in it, with the stock hop unit.

If I were to get a TM Hop Unit, would I notice anything different to what I have now?

And how about the Madbul ultimate hop unit?

Any other brand hop units that are better than stock ones?

Thanks.

I'm considering changing the actual hop unit in my G&P M16, but will it really make a difference?

I currently have a Madbull blue rubber and tightbore barrel in it, with the stock hop unit.

If I were to get a TM Hop Unit, would I notice anything different to what I have now?

And how about the Madbul ultimate hop unit?

Any other brand hop units that are better than stock ones?

Thanks.

I have a Madbull Ultimate hop unit in my G&P M16 and I find it works great in there, although I've heard that they work best at around or above the 350 fps mark, as they were designed for the US market. I've got three of them in total, the other two in L85's and they work well in those with a hard hop nub. I'm in the process of changing the unknown hop rubber in the M16 to a new Madbull clear to try and get rid of a slight right hand swing at about 50 yards that I have at the moment, but I've had to downgrade my spring to lower the fps enough to be able to use it within F&O site limits and haven't had a chance to test it at range yet.

As regards TM, had one in my RPK and that worked fine with a TM hop rubber, but it preferred lower fps figures for best performance (around 300 was optimal). Anything higher and it didn't get any better range, although that could just have been my setup (Madbull Black Python 6.03 V2 590mm barrel).

Mike

• Supporters

I'll get the MadBull one then when it's in stock and my warranty runs out :P

Archived