G&G gr16????

airsoft mania
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, I currently have a double eagle m901c (AK47s) but I want to upgrade to a better brand, such as G&G. I am looking at Vietnam era guns and have stumbled across the G&G combat machine gr16a2 on zero one airsoft. Is this a good choice for my budget (£185 ish) if you have this gun, what did it chrono as standard? Max fps is 328. Thanks in advance.

• Supporters

The A2 wasn't in use in Vietnam..

They were in Vietnam, came in service in 1963 and Vietnam ended in 1975. Thanks for the help anyway marksman.

the XM16E1 and M16A1 were used in Vietnam, the M16A2 entered service in the early 1980's

• Supporters

No, the M16 was used in Vietnam just the M16, no As or 1s or anything.

THEN the A1 was introduced later, possibly before the end of the war, which looked visibly different as it had the addition of the forward assist and that weird pointy metal triangle thing that, I think, is to deflect spend cartridges away from the shooters face if they're firing left handed, though I'm not entirely sure.

Then there was the A2, followed by the A3 and obviously now we're in the era of the A4.

The M16, A1 and A2 all have fixed sight rails/carry handles, the A3 and A4 have removable ones with a picatinny rail underneath for the mounting of optics.

The A2 and A4 variants are semi-automatic and burst fire only. The M16, A1 and A3 are semi-automatic and fully automatic.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

the A4 is the current issue, and the A3 was what was used back in early 2000

I was looking at a G&G GR15 Raider and asked the same question. Is it any good?

Was told it is a good starter gun if on a budget. Plastic but solid. Not held one as i went for a second hand G&P instead.

As for having it for a Vietnam loadout.....will most people know if it is not 100% accurate...........if they do tuff sh1t on them.

Its up to you. get that one and give it a worn look finish....job done.

Archived