I need of some help (First Buy ETC...)

Jamie_G
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey up,

I'm considering buying the G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Carbine as my first gun, Is this a good or bad? I know of some information about the gun:

Plastic Model

Velocity Feet Per Second (FPS): 335

Rounds Per Minute (RPM): 600

Gearbox Version (GBV): 2

Length: 785mm / 880mm

Battery Type: 8.4v Mini

Weight (with Magazine): 2600g

As i first time buyer i dont want to be spending £££'s of pounds,, But i want a good AEG for the price.

Also with the G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Carbine I've heard you can not change the sight unless you replace the barrel, Is that correct?

And finally will any 8.4V battery work?

Many thanks

Jamie_G

Yes they are great starter guns and you will be absolutely fine skirmishing with one.

As far as I am aware the front sight is welded to the outer barrel, so you would have to change the whole outer barrel to change the front sight. If you don't like the front triangle sight then get one of these

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=6355 as its only £10 extra and has the flip up battle sight

As for battery, any 8.4v battery will work, the mAh rating is how long it will last, so more mAh=more shooting!

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/ is a very good and cheap place to get a battery from. They even give yout he dimensions of the battery so you can make sure it will fit.

As far as I am aware the front sight is welded to the outer barrel, so you would have to change the whole outer barrel to change the front sight. If you don't like the front triangle sight then get one of these

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=6355 as its only £10 extra and has the flip up battle sight

£30 more buddy :D

I really cant decide dude, I choose the G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Carbine for its performance and price, Seen as im a first time buyer aswell i figured if i do end up giving the hobby up at least it i wont have broke the bank so much.

Actually its a tenner more than the cm16 one on z1, not related to any price you have found elsewhere.. However glad it helped and that someone took the time to go look something up for you and reply to your question....don't worry, won't happen again.

£30 more buddy :D

I really cant decide dude, I choose the G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Carbine for its performance and price, Seen as im a first time buyer aswell i figured if i do end up giving the hobby up at least it i wont have broke the bank so much.

Jamie,

I've got the short barreled G&G CM16 Raider (229mm inner) and despite what it says on the box (around 320fps) mine was only shooting about 275fps on any site chrono. Having spent the weekend sorting a V2 gearbox for someone and using my CM16 receiver as the testbed (I needed to hit a specific fps for him) I was only getting about 280fps from the V2 gearbox, whatever spring I put in there.

Having realised that it might be to do with the very short barrel in the CM16, I borrowed one out of my L85 (509mm) and immediately saw 360fps on the same spring setup. Having sorted the V2 gearbox, I tried my G&G gearbox with the longer barrel and was getting 330fps no trouble, so just be aware that although G&G may make the gearboxes with the same components in the different length rifles, inner barrel length is going to affect the fps you see on the chrono, so you may not get the 335fps it says on the box.

Mike

Archived