How long can you go for?

C3 Tactical
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What do you think, realistically, is the longest you could airsoft non stop for? Assuming ammo, food, shelter etc is all taken care of whats the longest you could actually play airsoft for before going either mental or dieing from exhaustion?

I think I could manage about a week before wanting to cry/kill someone! If there were night ops included then if they were managed correctly you wouldn't burn out too fast. It would definitely come down to decent command and control.

• Supporters

Pretty interesting question.

Are we talking 24/7 or with the standard stops for re arming and taking a break etc?

Last week I played a game that lasted over 2 hours and that wasn't a problem... I really don't know tbh. I guess indefinitely, as it would end up like being at war for real in terms of how much time you spend playing.

• Supporters

hmm a week if im not constantly in a firefight or more

3 days in a constant firefight

but i know if the story or setting is relly interesting or sounds fun then we will just have to wait lol

Longest I've personally done is 4 days (Out of a 5 day event; had to leave during day 4), but that was almost 9 years ago, not sure if my out of shape self could cope with that now, though!

I can only play for up to 2 days (with no night game), I would love to do more but my ankles slowly dislocate as I walk/run/stand

*EDIT* The longest I have played with no break was 5hours at NAE but then I had to go back to the camp-site for my other gun

• Supporters

I could go all night baby, but you might struggle to keep up, I closely resemble a blue whale in the pants depar-...Oh. Wait, this isn't that valentines match making service for those into ritual sacrifice! Oops.

Seriously though, I could live airsoft, I dunno why I never considered joining the forces sooner tbh.

give me 7 days, then i'd need some R&R i can do 18 hour's playing, with 6 hours to eatandsleep, im always into that sorta stuff, thatswhy i joined the army ;)

• Supporters

theoretically infinitely, I simply don't stop working untill I'm too cold. - I lasted the england scotland game on nothing more than a single mince pie and 6 hours sleep overnight.

It also would depend on how far you take 'airsofting'

Speedball - an hour tops (before break)

open day skirmishing - 3 days in a row

low end Mil-sim (england scotland game stirling run) 4-5 days

High end Mil-sim 2-3 weeks providing the story keeps it active.

something I have just invented called 'Dave-sim' in which everyone goes about their everyday lives, but is constantly armed to some extent (airsoft) and fire fights could break out at any stage, also there are small street gangs thrown in with larger weapons just to harrass everyone - Infinate

Well my unfit self finds six hours skirmishing (multiple games) enough, but I suspect I could go longer on a milsim style event. My challenge would become time from work / wife not just playing, but recovering the other side...

You disgust me.

Mate, that had me laughing so much, my flatmates think I've gone off my rocker :lol:

Dave, this Dave-sim sounds a bit (not completely) like what we do at Tim's farm - only on a larger scale, and without the all the 'safety breaks' we have (if a certain someone wasn't around I'm pretty sure we could do it too). Also reminds me of this:

I could last about 3 days max, so long as I was given some breaks (about half an hour). It depends on what I'm using and how hard the games are - since I've started using my LSW-carbine rather than my LSW, I've found I can last a lot longer.

As I haven't done a proper milsim in a longtime, I can't say about that.

I've done a day-night-day-night-day fight before. Was completely knackered afterwards, but that may have had more to do with the fact that I entered the event with a hangover caused by a night clubbing, drinking far too much and 2 hours sleep, and I got about 10 hours sleep throughout the entire event... I seem to recall sleeping for nearly 2 days straight afterwards...

I'm gonna have nightmares for weeks

I'll be honest, I really didn't seen anything in that comment. But hey, late night, scrambles the mind.

*for reference, it's a friend's farm where we airsoft (or used to) a lot. Airsoft pretty much starts and finishes as and when we want, apart from the lunch break, in areas where carrying airsoft guns would be unsafe or moments when we have to stop (like for safety reasons)

I think it would be great to have like Copehill or summat like that for a week with a downed pilot and hostile forces having captured the said downed pilot and the British teams having to recapture lasting like a 4/5 days including night games, The British team splitting into a-lot of smaller teams to capture with other agendas such as Intel and such like. Though this is waffling and not answering the original question

Archived