Newbie from Blackpool

Smitho1990
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Howdy,

New player here from Blackpool. Played a few informal games with some other friends (on a friends private land - we're not criminal thugs!) who are also wanting to get into airsofting. Attending at Bravo 22 down at Southport soon.

Anyway, here's what I'm using. An SRC M4A1 CQB with a generic ACOG.

47xDh.jpg

I'm on the lookout for:

M4 magazines,

Assault vest,

Knee and elbow pads.

I've seen some bits on the classifieds but thought i'd mention here, too!

Cheers, will see ya's round on the forum!

Dan

Ermmm... Of course not! Just a photoshopped image!

Nah i'm not going to lie - i sprayed up the grip and stock with a matte black rattle can. Pleade don't flame and moan about how i've disobeyed the law.

If it was obviously sprayed, why did you post the picture?

Because I am a very subtle and ingenious troll who likes to kick up a fuss.

No, I was under the impression that the requirement for a UKARA license was to purchase a RIF. What happens to the people who own a RIF from pre-two-tone restrictions? Are they in possession of it illegally? I can take this weapon onto a site and participate in a skirmish even without being UKARA registered - is this not because the two-tone requirement is only needed during purchase of the gun in question?

Anyway, as I initially said, I don't want to start a flame war. I'm not some thug who's gone into the corner shop brandishing a blank firer demanding the weeks stock of tic-tacs.

Because I am a very subtle and ingenious troll who likes to kick up a fuss.

No, I was under the impression that the requirement for a UKARA license was to purchase a RIF. What happens to the people who own a RIF from pre-two-tone restrictions? Are they in possession of it illegally? I can take this weapon onto a site and participate in a skirmish even without being UKARA registered - is this not because the two-tone requirement is only needed during purchase of the gun in question?

Anyway, as I initially said, I don't want to start a flame war. I'm not some thug who's gone into the corner shop brandishing a blank firer demanding the weeks stock of tic-tacs.

The last bit made me laugh, but no seriously now, Spraying a gun from two tone is illegal if you don't own a UKARA license, I've never skirmished before but i'd probably say they'd confiscate it from you, so I'd best two tone it before you go to a real skirmish,

Also, Very nice gun :)

- Ethan.

• 2 months later...
  • Supporters

I wanted to bring this thread back up because I have objections to the legal advice people are giving and I think this gentleman deserves to know that he actually might not have broken the law.

You do not NEED a UKARA "license" to do ANYTHING. You need to be able to prove to the police and a judge that you are a skirmisher or have a legitimate reason to have sprayed it. They have only promised to take UKARA, but I've dealt with the police on a couple of occasions and they'll take anything from having skirmish gear in your luggage with an RIF to just being on your way to a skirmish site.

If you feel confident that you could convince a judge that you were a skirmisher through whatever solid means available to you (even something like receipts for skirmishes, receipts for eye protection, membership here etc), then you are quite within your rights to have sprayed that gun.

Unless you get arrested for it, which I doubt you will, you won't know whether or not your specific chosen methods of defense work, which is why we rely so heavily on UKARA, but I'd just like to clarify that UKARA is not the be-all and end-all, I got by without it for three years and bought/manufactured plenty of RIFs in the knowledge that I could prove my entitlement via so many methods that any judge that convicted me would be strung up by the balls on appeals for unfair prejudice and unreasonable verdict. I only bothered with UKARA once I got past the levels of student-poverty and could afford to buy guns which were just too nice to two-tone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Play at Bravo 22 in between Preston/Southport and their other site at Formby.

Google them! They're good :)

Ahh yea, a few of the lads on the team play there!

Archived