Importing IF's

TheEuropean
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, this is my first post, and i've searched around to find an answer to my question, and coudn't find an answer.

As far as i'm aware the vcr bill differentiates between a RIF and a IF, and guns made of 50%+ of clear matiriel are considered IF's, so you don't need to be a registered skirmisher to own one. But here's the problem - The one i want to buy i can't find a UK stockist, but it's only about $40 in the USA. I'm just wondering if it would be seized by customs, even though it is legal. I don't have a defence under UKARA, i'm not a registered skirmisher, just a guy who loves plinking. I don't mind paying import tax, i'm just wondering if anyone has ordered an IF from the USA, and if they had any problems.

P.S. if i found one which was stocked in a shop within the EU, would it be any different?

It may or may not be seized by the revenue Boys and Girls depending on who checks it and if they have had a bad day or not a bit hit and miss I know :-(

One thing is certain..the Yanks MUST declare the nature of the goods and true value on their declaration so you will be hammered with duty and a handling fee making your Gun approx £20-£30 more expensive.

Can you not get a decent 2nd hand one here in the UK? There are usually some good 2 tone Guns to be had at knockdown prices, I started off with a clear M4 which cost me around £100 with lots of gear with it :-)

Thanks for the reply, and will the gun be that much more, even though they are only around $40?

And i can't, i'm after the H&K licenced umarex guns in clear plastic :lol:

If anyone knows a sockist for the Umarex, Walther and Crosman clear arisoft guns in the UK, that would be a far better alternative to the import...

Sorry forgot to welcome you here :-)

No the £30 extra should be around the bottom line cost including handling fee and duty based on the value all being well. I would suggest that buy from the EEC would be a better option if you can find one as there would be no VAT and the Customs probably won't be as stringent examining your package.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived