NEW airsoft guns

lying buffalo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There are many airsoft guns on the market. But the most popular are ak, m4/m16 and the mp5. What guns would you like to see introduced into main stream airsoft and what are the guns models that deserve to be at least or more popular than the main stream model's?

I don't know if I'm ready for a GBBR yet. The VFC is an option but I hear that it needs upgrading fairly soon out of the box and the TM is soooo much money.

I think a lot of WW2 guns would be nice to see, If i had the money, i'd do a WW2 German loadout, with an MP40 or an MP44.

Its because the M4 platform is so customizable which makes it popular, i dont thing there is a sinlgle other gun which rivals the M4 in those terms.

I think a AK/ump hybrid would be a funky gun

myweapon.jpg

• Supporters

I like the fact that there are some guns which people don't use. Call me a 'hipster' with my gun selection if you will, but I like having something 'a bit different' it's a nice talking point around the safezone.

Also, for SCAR's, even though the mags are an annoying size, seriously consider a Heavy - you feel so much more badass with the 7.62 mags, also the TM IS expensive, but it is well worth it.

A Barrett m95 because a bolt action Barrett would be frickin' sweet (I'm not into the full auto electric ones <_< ). Also a WW2 browning, a spring-field conversion kit for the vsr-10, and a Tokarev would all be cool IMO :).

Almost forgot, DEFINITELY AA12 and USAS 12 from Maruzen would be the coolest guns ever :P

Also, for SCAR's, even though the mags are an annoying size, seriously consider a Heavy - you feel so much more badass with the 7.62 mags, also the TM IS expensive, but it is well worth it.

I would agree with you totally accept I found that the mags are very poorly constructed and break easilly.

• 2 months later...
I think a lot of WW2 guns would be nice to see, If i had the money, i'd do a WW2 German loadout, with an MP40 or an MP44.

Yeh, I am quite in to the Nazi look... lol. No but seriously, the MG42 is in my top 5 guns for looks. It just looks so evil. So I would go for a Nazi Machine gunner look.

Sterling SMG for me :)

• Supporters

The PDR Oh wait never mind lol

But Really Just about everything in my mind deserve`s atleast 100 Model`s mad and sold

• Supporters

Has anyone seen the TOP M4 blowback, shell ejecting AEG?

'Cos I'd love to see a company like TM, KWA, G&G or ICS take up the idea and make it reliable enough to actually work, as well as getting the manufacturing costs down low enough for 1000 shells to cost something like £10 so you don't need to bother picking them up and introducing more guns.

I'd probably explode on the spot with excitement if they made a shell ejecting L85 like the TOP M4 that worked and was cheap enough to run and maintain as a main weapon.

I'd probably buy the TOP M4 if the fps were higher and spares were readily available, if they added an adjustable spring system to it and increased its tolerances or something it'd be the best gun ever. The price really needs to come down though, for something that's not really practical enough to skirmish, it costs miles too much for a back garden plinker.

i agree they do look good and at the moment they make nice little show pieces but cant really see them being practical even if it was made cheaper i mean imagine how long it would take to load your mags! plus cant see sites being very happy having 1000s of shells being left everywhere

Top of my list would be a decent Browning HP. Beyond that I would like to see some more obscure rifles, just too add a bit of variety for those who aren't mad keen on M4/AK variants. i.e Italian Beretta AR70, Singaporean SAR 21 and the Korean Daewoo K2 (although I think that there might already be an airsoft version of this last one):

AR70

500px-AR70223.jpg

SAR 21

sar21_2.jpg

Daewoo K2

daewoopair2eb3.jpg

But I suppose when airsoft manufacturers produce a model they have to consider who's going to buy it. M4s will always sell well due to an enormous U.S market and the ubiquity of the M4 in the media (games, movies etc.). These more obscure guns just don't have a large enough market, unfortunately.

Top of my list would be a decent Browning HP. Beyond that I would like to see some more obscure rifles, just too add a bit of variety for those who aren't mad keen on M4/AK variants. i.e Italian Beretta AR70, Singaporean SAR 21 and the Korean Daewoo K2 (although I think that there might already be an airsoft version of this last one):

Yes, a company called Toystar makes (or used to make) both the K1-A and the K2. Only ever seen one photo of them, so I have a feeling that like the MGC Callico, they're both very rare and probably a few years old.

At the moment, all I want is someone to make SIG-Sauer pistols which aren't P226s, and don't have bloody rails!

After all the TV-shows and movies the P228 and P229 have been in, ignoring the real-life users of them, you'd have thought someone would make something other than a P226 with rails, circa 2007!

Saying that, I wouldn't mind someone making the 2010 P226 Tactical Operations model.

If someone was to make an Enfield XL64-IW or XL65-LSW, I wouldn't be offended. Effectively L85 and L86, but with controls that work (hooray for MP5 style 'paddle' magazine release! Fire selectors with the safety built in - and all in an ergonomically suitable location!). However, I realise that if people aren't making the P228/9, the likelihood of the XL64/5 being made is non-existent.

Archived