Multicam Gear & Loadouts - Mk 1

TheFull9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Well, I figured since ARs have their own thread for being the most commonly seen weapon types, a thread for one of the most commonly seen camo patterns might be a good idea.

Here's my MC Loadout for Woodland Skirmishing

P1020921.jpg

Base

• 5.11 TDU Trousers w/ Neoprene Knee Pads
  • 5.11 1.75" Reversible Duty Belt
  • SORD Field Uniform Jacket
  • Blackhawk Nomex Hellstorms
  • Tan/Black Shemagh
  • ESS ICEs
  • Grey Ghost Lightweight Operator Hat
  • OPS AOR2 Watch Cover

Belt

• ATS War Belt
  • ATS War Belt Insert
  • TAG Roll-Up Dump
  • 2 x OPS Universal Pistol
  • G-Code RTI MOLLE Mount

Rig

• HSGI Woosatch E-Version
  • Warrior Plain Small Utility
  • OPS Universal
  • OPS Triple M4
  • OPS PVS-14
  • OPS Modular Admin
  • OPS Assault Pack
  • Cavalvy Headset/PTT w/ OPS Headset Strap
  • Source 3L Hydro Bladder
  • ITW Grimlocks

P1020945.jpg

P1020925.jpg

P1020930.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such awesome gear dude, what gloves are they?. I'm the guy who asked you a few questions about Warrior Assault Systems the other day via your youtube vids ;D I ordered some Damascus MX-25 Nexstar multicam gloves with my RICAS.

Happy to say I got my RICAS and i'm chuffed. Where did you get your trousers and jacket from mate, and how much did you pay? I'm looking to go full multicam but i'm expecting it to cost me a few bob....:/

• Supporters

Gloves:

http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/HellStorm_Aviator.html

Trousers:

http://www.military1st.co.uk/74350-169-5.1...s-multicam.html

Jacket:

http://www.optactical.com/sofiunja.html

If I were you though, and you want proper MC, I'd get this stuff:

http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/Multicam_Combat_Coat.html

You can get cheaper MC stuff, or you can get things that look like MC, but that's what I'd recommend if you want something that will last and to stay inside the UK.

Damn...wish i'd just bought that in the same order...would've saved myself another shipping fee <_< , oh well. I'm not sure whether to get a MC shirt or coat. I'm thinking in terms of the summer. A shirt could be rolled up on the sleeves during summer but could put multiple layers under it for the winter. Or at least if i get the shirt now I could get the coat at a later date before we re-enter winter.

edit: Providing we get a summer this year..

• Supporters

If you want 1 item to adapt to the various seasons then I'd recommend the Propper ACU cut shirt I linked there. You can tighten everything up and put thermals underneath for the winter, then roll up the sleeves, open a button here and there and put an issue wicking t-shirt underneath for the summer.

• Supporters

I already own 3 pairs of them in plain colours and I just think they're brilliant basically. They incorporate a few features you just won't see in a lot of standard military cut BDU trousers, such as elastic in the waist area to allow for expansion in order to make kneeling more comfortable, internal pockets for knee padding, internal dividers within the thigh pockets which hold m4 mags and other small items securely in place perfectly, super-robust material and stitching, all on top of zip fly and pop-stud closure as well a very familiar pocket lay out that make you feel like your wearing your every-day comfy jeans rather than tactical trousers.

All of which combine to make the 5.11s the sort of piece of kit you forget you're wearing in a game, which is the ultimate review in my mind.

Here is my multicam gear. havnt gone for any particular look. this is a work in progress.

post-4182-1328260997_thumb.jpg

. Helikon acu combat shirt

. Helikon acu conbat trousers

. Warrior elite oms dcs plate carrier

. ESS ice glasses

. Name tape from patchmart.co.uk

post-4182-1328261482_thumb.jpg

Also got a pair of british army desert gloves. not quite sure they go with the rest of the stuff but i think there are nice. wonder is any one spots the one thing thats not quite right with them though lol

post-4182-1328261626_thumb.jpg

Will post pictures of me wearing it all tommorow as im playing at xsite and will get my mate to take some

• Supporters

You saying your missing a finger? Or am I being thick? :P

• Supporters

Look on the bright side anything that use`s CR123A batterie`s you can store Extra`s in their although it`ll be to attention all the time depending on how you hold the rifle it could also help you stabilise your grip!

Can do a kit list if anyone really wants one.

Yeah please haha. Quality stuff, how long you been playing? that must have cost you a mint for all the gear...

Ever bother with facial/mouth protection at all? or just glasses and helmet? I'm somewhat new to airsoft but i know people who have had teeth chipped/lost so i'm not sure whether to get ballistic glasses and a helmet or what.

• Supporters

Oh blimey, here we go then, heh...

Base

• Belleville/Tac research Kyber boots
  • OPS Ultimate Direct Action combat trousers w/ Crye Gen 3 pads
  • 5.11 Reversible 1.7" Duty belt
  • ICE Tactical FR Combat shirt
  • OPS AOR2 Watch cover
  • Oakley factory pilot gloves
  • Tan/black shemagh
  • Clone Crye airframe w/ VAS Shroud
  • Shades for photo ops
  • Morale patches/UJ

Rig

• New type Warrior DCS
  • 3 x HSGI Rifle TACOs
  • 2 x Blue Force Gear (BFG) Rifle Ten-speeds
  • ATS Vertical GP
  • Marz Small Utility
  • Patrol Incident Gear (PIG) Hydro carrier w/ Source 2L bladder and MC hydro tube cover
  • Custom nametape

Belt

• Viking Tactics (VTAC) 'Brokos' battle belt
  • Warrior 2" duty belt
  • BFG SOC-C suspenders
  • 2 x HSGI Pistol TACOs
  • Emdom-MM dump pouch
  • G-Code RTI kydex belt mount
  • G-Code OSH w/ RTI hanger and MC coating

Guns

• Fairly heavily modified G&P Sentry
  • TM MEU with fitted with HurricanE kimber kit by Elite shooting centre

Got my first springer around 2004/5 I believe, first AEG and skirmish in 2006. I was building up all the MC kit in this thread (i.e. both loadouts) from August/September last year up until mid January this year.

For woodland I just run ESS ICE shooting specs, for CQB I'll either use ESS goggles with the lower half from a standard sansei/mesh mask attached, or I've got the rails from that helmet custom rigged up with a mesh lower face mask, so I can bolt the rails on to support the mask for me.

The most common combo you'll see these days on the field is a set of goggles or specs with the mesh lower mask, can't go wrong. You can pickup ESS eye pro (which will stop a shotgun blast or grenade shrapnel) generally very cheaply on ebay, mesh lower masks aren't expensive either.

• 5 months later...
  • Supporters

Had to wait a long old time on an order form G-Code, but now that's finally arrived here's my belt setup to partner my Strandhögg:

IMG_0487-1.jpg

-Tac Tailor Fight Light Battle belt

-ATS Warbelt insert (love these things)

-Blue Force Gear 'Helium Whisper' Double pistol mag

-TT FL Roll-Up dump

-SKD variant HSGI UDHP, custom modded myself to mount an RTI wheel inside for modular holster attachment

-G-Code SOC Rig with P226 + TLR-1 Lower cowling

I did buy the TT FL 4-point harness to accompany the belt, tried it when I got to my last game and it turned out to really not be needed with this particular belt. Might try the BFG SOC-Cs instead, but it all stays up pretty comfortably without any sort of yoke system as it is.

• Supporters

Excuse my ignorance but what is the multicam 'wrap' around the G-code for?

I just had a quick search, but I don't see the point in it (not a dig, just don't see what it's supposed to be used for)

What benefit does it give that the gcode alone doesn't have?

• Supporters

Well, unless I screwed an RTI wheel directly in to my own leg, the SOC would have nothing else to mount on to. This is the UDHP:

http://www.highspeedgearinc.com/proddetail.php?prod=HSG-UDHP

I took a soldering iron and some nuts + bolts to it in order to add an RTI wheel, like so:

IMG_0470.jpg

Which allowed fitment of the SOC holster inside, along with any other future G-Codes, Safarilands, Bladetechs, 5.11s or appropriate custom kydex holsters I might fancy using.

• Supporters

I get that, but what advantage does it have over a 'normal' drop-leg platform (apart from looking cool)

Wouldn't it make sense to just add a normal MOLLE rti base to a regular drop-leg- maybe that would be a little lighter too?

Then again, that would probably be uncomfortable in comparison.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

People have been asking me for one of these on various forums and on YouTube for pretty much years now, so I've put together all the MC kit I saved up for and ordered (mostly from the US) while I was in the Falklands for a loadout video:

Managed to leave my DSLR back on camp like an idiot when I drove home last night so the photos will have to be another time.

• Supporters

Can anyone actually tell the difference between MTP and Multicam without reading the label? 'Cos my MC chest rig looks identical to my MTP bottoms, in my opinion.

At a glance anyway, MTP has some slightly speckled browns dotted about on it, but they're not that noticeable. Can any of you honestly look at one or the other and immediately say, correctly, what it is?

How come the British Army went for MTP when Multicam already exists, anyway?

• Supporters
Can anyone actually tell the difference between MTP and Multicam without reading the label? 'Cos my MC chest rig looks identical to my MTP bottoms, in my opinion.

At a glance anyway, MTP has some slightly speckled browns dotted about on it, but they're not that noticeable. Can any of you honestly look at one or the other and immediately say, correctly, what it is?

How come the British Army went for MTP when Multicam already exists, anyway?

I can tell yeah, quite easily to be honest. I know plenty of other people can as well, just look at the shapes they've used in the pattern. The colour palette is about identical between the two, but the actual shapes in MTP have a lot in common with DPM.

Our military just 'had' to have something unique to Britain basically, far as I know anyway. Also I think we now 'own' MTP and all the associated rights that go with it, so we can get whoever we like to produce the stuff, as opposed to having to buy multicam materials purely from Crye.

• Supporters

Fair enough.

Out of all the sections on the forums, it's the ones to do with kit and camo that I look at the least. I'm starting to see the appeal of having the gear to go with the gun, but I'm basically a total n00b to it all.

Since wanting my British MTP loadout I've started looking into it, but I still struggle to know what's what. I don't even fully know what I need to get an authentic Brit kit look.

• Supporters

I'm unsure of the legality of buying the latest version of the Osprey at the moment, so that may be a sticking point for an MTP kit. You can definitely get the issue trousers and UBACS on ebay though, never heard of anyone getting any bother for that (other than possibly some serving personnel selling kit they shouldn't be). Check out mil photos for images for loadouts you like the look of, and if there aren't any impressions on here checkout arnies/ukaz.

Archived