Why does my M4...

taroslice
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been having a problem with my m4 last few times been skirmishing...

Me being the airsoft noob very hard to be very specific.

But basically the gun is fully charged and when shooting in semi-auto it sometimes doesn't shoot...and all i hair is a clicking noise...

To get it back working i just switch it to full auto and give it a couple of shots off...but usually stops shooting again after a couple more shots...

I know that sometimes this is normal and guns sometimes do that...but my does it on a regular basis....Any advice on what could be wrong or should i go out and get it repaired straight away? Thanks guys!

• Supporters

This happens to me every single time I release the trigger halfway through a pull.

It leaves the piston half cocked, it must make work too hard for the motor to resume pulling the spring back on the next pull of the trigger, or something. Best thing to do, never pull the trigger unless you're going to fully pull it, there can be no second guessing about when you're going to shoot, pull fully and firmly, release after the shot has left the gun, never before.

The other thing is when you fire a lot, very fast, all on semi. Just don't do it. Use auto for continuous fire.

If problems persist, just use auto in short bursts, is the most effective firing method anyway.

That's how I cope without technical intervention, someone with a deeper understanding of AEG internals might be able to properly source the fault but that's all the help I can give.

Archived