New Player guide discussion.

Matt!
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ok seeing as people do not read, maybe we should point new players to this video thanks to CrazyNCman, I didnt want it all but i know the rest of his stuff is legit.

either me sticky it or put it in the new player guide?

Let me know your thoughts.

May whack it in my sig too.

:)

• Supporters

haha people are still asking the same q's he answered in the vid no point either as the sites he points out wont ship here for the new guys atleast.

yeah not alot of decent UK reviewers, i mnea you have mad badger, but two kids in their parents shed with the camera centered on their groin isnt something you want to watch.

plus the fact people dont like listening to kids give them advice, even if they are right, the male ego will never trust the word of a kid.

• AF-UK Founding Member

No, if anything we just need a new guide that is up to date and short and sweet. People do look at the stickies but they don't bother if they have to trawl through loads of text.

If people want i can throw a guide for people, i got some experience doing quick guides.

if you guys want to throw me some info you think will be good just PM me or something.

here an example of what i done for battlefield 3 for my COD convert friends.

Front-cover.jpg

Page-1.jpg

Page-2.jpg

page-3-1.jpg

page-4.jpg

theres another 3 pages but i didnt think to include too much

• Supporters

The more I've watched of his video's, the more I think the man is a tw*t (sorry to say it).

His actual weapon reviews are pointless garbage that pander to the uneducated and the unaware, generally they go along the lines of "hey, this is the newest gun that's come in to the store I run (but rarely mention) and OMG IT IS TEH S3X, BUY 1 NAOW!!!". Bangs on about external aesthetics in a manner that will influence newer players to go out and buy whatever it is, and totally ignores anything related to internals and functionality.

Who here for example would say any kind of GBB gas-in-mag rifle is an ideal purchase for somebody's first 'proper' airsoft weapon? Nobody? Well CrazyNCman reckons the WE M14 is the most amazing thing on the planet (after firing about 2 magazines). What happens 6 months down the line when various parts of the trigger mechanism and bolt carrier group are falling apart, with 95% of players having no experience in fixing issues with such parts?

Combine that with the fact he talks about "his fanbase" like he's some sort of internet superstar (anyone see international names like Travis Haley bang on about 'their fans'? I don't) despite the comparatively small following his channel has, and the fact he spends half his time either ridiculing people who have e-mailed in or engaging in some immature battle with one of his competitors... yeah, not a fan myself.

I've considered trying to do a Tea & Medals style beginners guide (either in forum or video form) on many occasions, but I know I don't have the knowledge or time to be able to produce something to an adequate standard

• Supporters

I agree that the guy's a nob head, but the video linked by the OP is actually very good, I was pleasantly surprised by it. I don't think he really missed anything. He also only mentioned one shop, it's not like he did a whole section on all the US stores or whatever, so that's not really an issue worth debating about. I could've really done with a video guide like that when I was starting out.

I'd vote to have it added to the beginner's guide.

Archived