In your opinion what is better: SRC G36C Gen 3 or TM G36C

Kingmistry
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title says, I want to know what gun people think is better out of the two and why. I know naturally people will say TM because it is TM but the internals of the SRC G36C seem really good. So what do people think?

i had a tm g36c and they are great guns high rof for 8.4v and great range and reliability and there rock solid they have loads of metal inside the abs plastic so no wobble and creaks as for the src they are good too but not as solid and ive heard of them breaking quite alot but from what ive seen there good but i think the tm is better though and worth the extra quid

If you are looking at a new rife and TM make a version and you can't choose - ALWAYS go for the TM, they simply don't die.

Hmm barring my TM MP5 which stripped its gears in run up to xmas (standard nimh batts, not lipo or anything)... Still I have a 'trust' in TM kit and i am fixing it :)

On the SRC will be able to have a play with their G36 in a few days as I just brought one 2nd hand. Will let you know how she feels compared to my TM MP5 once it arrives (hopefully this week).

On the SRC will be able to have a play with their G36 in a few days as I just brought one 2nd hand. Will let you know how she feels compared to my TM MP5 once it arrives (hopefully this week).

Ok first impressions as promised (not fired her in anger yet, wife has a headache so couple of dry fires to prove nothing went clonk all I had).

This is an SRC G36 (not C), it started as a C but they swapped the front end at some point for the K hand guard and barrel.

Its heavy and solid as a rock which is good. Nothing wobbles or rattles. The previous owner complained the battery compartment was a pain, but its less hassle to fit than my ICS M4 one (which is a real pain). The hop is a rotary thing in the ejection port, same as ICS M4. I prefer the TM sliding lever on my MP5 as its so simple to adjust (but also to knock) but its not a real downer on SRC.

Having held them both tonight, purely on aesthetics this is a nice bit of kit and SRC wins. Will need to get it skirmishing next as what really counts will be how well it puts BB's downrange.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the fire selector a bit 'loose' feeling, but that the same on the TM MP5. Both work fine.

Well can now add a skirmish day to SRC, brilliant accuracy and decent performance all day. Very pleased with it, although did get a lot of comments that G36's are unreliable. Although as she has only done one skirmish cant really comment. Can say it worked through mud, snow and still put pellets downrange, the scope was great and hop easy enough to adjust if a little stiff. Its quite a heavy gun compared to my others, didn't worry me but just a note if you want to move fast it will slow you a bit.

• Supporters

What's better, the Mazda MX5, or a Porsche 911...If you want the poor mans' sportscar, buy the poor mans' sportscar ;)

(In all seriousness, the SRC is good, but it's what it is; a clone of the TM, if you have the budget, always bank on Tokyo Marui)

Archived