Non-Ukara and Proud - Patch Idea MODERATORS PLEASE CLOSE

NATO1114
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Army of Two Tone Patch  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you CONSIDER buying the a patch?

• Yes, I MIGHT be interested in purchasing one if they were to be made.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Not only the above but you can't take what people vote on the poll. I know this may sound obvious. But you'd really be surprised as to how many are actually interested. Not trying to put you off the idea, just don't want you splashing your cash and then have a load of patches no one wants! :)

the problem is that by the time most people are getting proper loadouts or patches they've played 3 or more games and so don't need two-tone guns, its a nice idea but not sure if it'd be that succesful

My 14 year old son wants one

Thank you for the support, if I get enough of it I will get them made.

Now to address the people who are saying 'which patch are we actually voting on' and 'I don't know how to vote'. The vote button is just below the poll on the top of the first page, the exact patch for voting is on my first post, which I have updated to have an image of what it would look like in a thumbnail. Oh, and to the guy who said that 'most players get a ukara after 3 games so the patch isn't a good idea', it's really aimed at under 18 players, who are not able to get UKARAs.

I think that's everything.

Keep voting everyone :)

Oh, and to the guy who said that 'most players get a ukara after 3 games so the patch isn't a good idea', it's really aimed at under 18 players, who are not able to get UKARAs.

yes but they can still get site membership which gets them black guns :D

yes but they can still get site membership which gets them black guns :D

Under 18 site membership doesn't get you black guns, since you cant buy a gun at all unless you are over 18. You cant get parents to buy black guns unless they hold UKARA. So under 18 you at the mercy of your parents and their status with the VCRA law. If they have no defence you are sticking 2 - tone until you can get your own legal defence and be over 18...

• Supporters

its not been confirmed as illegal or not but i reckon if it went to court for some reason it would be deemed illegal because of how (i think its the VCRA that says an U18 cant buy) the Vcra was written an to be honest i agree with it or atleast U18's should be allowed to have only one not easy to change part 2-tone and we should all have to put Blaze orange tips on when not at the field but meh not gonna happen

I asked around and if someone is under 18 and have site membership and their parent gifts them a two-tone they are allowed to un-two tone it as they have a defence

EDIT: its definately a gray area :P

In terms of selling to under 18's it clear in VCRA as illegal:

24ASupplying imitation firearms to minors

(1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm.

(2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

(3)In proceedings for an offence under subsection (2) it is a defence to show that the person charged with the offence—

(a)believed the other person to be aged eighteen or over; and

(b)had reasonable ground for that belief.

So if you are only selling if parents are there, you are convicting yourself since you clearly did not believe they were 18.

If you are selling to the parent you are bound by all the usual VCRA rules, as would be anyone painting a gun black, you are manufacturing a RIF. It may not seem fair to U18's, but that's the law and at least they are allowed to own / handle guns. They could have banned them.

Archived