15 year old wanting to get into Airsoft

JRTIGHE
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, I just registered here as I have a few questions about the laws/guidelines on someone of my age playing Airsoft. I've wanted to play for a while now and though I'd best ask some people who know what they're doing? I live in the North Derbyshire area and I'm struggling to find any Airsoft venues and clubs near me. Thanks.

Hi everyone, I just registered here as I have a few questions about the laws/guidelines on someone of my age playing Airsoft. I've wanted to play for a while now and though I'd best ask some people who know what they're doing? I live in the North Derbyshire area and I'm struggling to find any Airsoft venues and clubs near me. Thanks.

im considering selling gun with batteries and things which would be useful to you

I understand that someone my age must have a 2 coloured gun? Is that correct?

you cant buy the gun someoe over 18 will have to but u need a UKARA license to buy all black guns but the gun im selling is all black

Does anyone have any advice for me? Especially to do with equipment and where I might find info about age restrictions etc. Also need a venue near N. Derbyshire.

• Supporters

1. Welcome to the forums.

2. Sites near to to would be:

First and Only Anzio near Leek

The Stan in Sheffield

Matlock Wargames

simply use google to find any others, or use the Airbana map.

3. You cannot buy any airsoft replica, two tone or not. Someone over 18 can buy it for you and gift it to you, and they can do so in any colour (provided they are UKARA Regd.) You cannot legally give them financial or any other compensation for this (swaps etc etc, tidying your room for ever and ever or whatevers.)

4. Equipment wise - don't worry about a pistol and get to a surplus store and buy some cheap old combats, It's all you need for now is a rifle, a spare Hi-cap magazine or 2 and something to help you blend in.

Hi, that makes sense :)

Does any one know of any two tone starter weapons? I'd prefer cheap as possible. Something around £130... also if it included the battery and charger that would be great because I have no experience picking the best charger and battery. I was thinking of an M4?

Thanks for your reply Marksman, I actually saw your Guide in another person's thread so I checked it out then and it helped :) Does the G&G come with the battery etc? Also should I be looking at the full barrel or carbine version?

• Supporters

Don't worry about a rifle coming with a battery anc charger already, simply get them from Component shop.

as for batteries, everyone reccommends 8.4V to use with their guns. Don't worry about using a 9.6V, it gives a much higher ROF with the only downside is your gearbox will wear out in a shorter time (but nothing to worry about)

Okay I'll look into an 8.4v. Should I be looking at the high capacity ones? Also are there any good brands to watch out for?

How is this gun? Obviously it's an MP5 and not an M4 but it's quite cheap but seems to come with the stuff i need http://www.jdairsoft.net/product/c8a29c36-...9ac9af56e0.aspx

Or maybe this? http://www.jdairsoft.net/product/76800c40-...5fc814d317.aspx

• Supporters

by don't worry about I meant 'do use' (dont worry about instruction manuals telling you not to) - sorry for the confusion.

The MP5, you may find yourself getting out-gunned at longer ranges in woodland, with the M4 the battery that comes with it will liekly last 2/3 magazines worth of BB's - not enough for 1 day.

and for the time being, Hi-caps are fine, you may find you want midcaps eventually but you have to carry more for the same ammo capacity

Archived