Most Durable Gearbox?

TPI
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ok so im planning on Doing a Currently secret build but let`s say it`s big and it`ll make you all spill cream salad on your trouser`s that and it uses the BMG round but what i want to know is what really is the most durable gearbox? (im likely to build my own and completely ignore this but im curious)

V3 i hear is the most durable according to people who do botch job`s anyway *cough*Delta*cough*

• Supporters

If you're thinking of building it yourself, why not just buy the most solid individual components that will fit?

Since you're building it yourself, you'll know the whole gun inside out so if something breaks you'll know exactly what you're after. That practically gives you a license to experiment a bit, I'd just get some cheap bits to get it up and running and then when parts start to break, replace them with a different brand until you find something that lasts a while, or a good combination of parts that work. Mixing and matching will probably get you a better gearbox than you can buy as one piece if you take your time and do it right.

Failing that, anything that's made by KWA is probably a good place to start. Though if you can make it fit, the ICS L85 gearbox is pretty solid from what I've read. People have run 550fps springs with it without issues.

Or, just buy an ICS L85 haha =D

• Supporters

"Or, just buy an ICS L85 haha =D "

funny you should say that before i settled on building this Beauty which if im lucky may be at NAE2012 for everyone to look at and admire i was considering numerous time`s getting one lol

and i kind of mean`t version`s like V2 is usually something like an M4 a P90 is a V6 an M14 is a V7 and a V3 is an AK

Archived