new to airsoft

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys/gals, im new to airsoft, been wanting for get into it for a while and now i think i can get started, im from wales and theres a local airsoft club which is nice.

Just looking for any advice and suggestions with gear and weapons etc, iv been given a few pointers by a mate whos really into his airsoft but looking for any and all views on things.

Firstly id love to own my own weapon, and been told the g&g combat machine would be an ideal starter gun, but i was looking more at the smith and weston mp15, but im open to any and all suggestions, and also generic clothing (i litterally have NOTHING to use), i have no specific budget but ill end up buying bits of the kit over time, so any good places to look for stuff or brands or just generic ex military surplus store stuff?

Any helps great, cheers guys!

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

Have you played yet? Always worth trying something before committing your hard earned pennies! Renting once will get you 1/3 of the way to getting UKARA as well (assuming you are 18+).

Not played yet, sadly im awaiting a double valve replacement on my heart and stomach surgery (for cancer iv had for last 3 years), so once im recovered this is my "reward", i used to go paintballing a lot, but as it was expensive i never got into it, and now once im done with the operations and recovery i need a more "active" hobby and as i cant take a hit to the chest i cant go back to teaching karate, so this was another option for a hobby and a good mate does it aswell so it wont be too hard to get into which is nice.

Yea i was thinking ill end up buying a two tone now til i get my liscence (if thats the right term), but i like variety and would love to end up getting loads of guns and buying something thats a decent build will mean i can learn off it with upgrades and replacement parts etc, the sw mp15 is my "favourite" atm, but thought id ask the forum,also thanks for the welcome!

Oh yea im 28 aswell so no worry about the ukara thing.

Hi & welcome.

As regards kit, looking in the classifieds on here (or any of the other forums) could go a long way to getting you much of what you want or need, as well as looking at Army Surplus stores / websites and the numerous airsoft retailers, some of which are listed on the forum. Otherwise just stick "Airsoft" into Google and see what comes up, but avoid anything that sells "Cheap BB guns" = crap and if you're unsure of any sites either do a search on here or ask if you can't find anything.

Don't rule out the Hong Kong retailers. You can get some cheap gear from them. Just avoid ordering too much at the same, as you can get hit with customs charges and ParcelForce fees on top of your purchase price, which can make it not such a good deal.

Cheers for the tips, will look online, i saw an aeg smith and weston mp15 i think it was earlier and i think thats the gun id be getting as my first, its got magpul parts and once im ukara registered ill replace the transparent parts on it which shouldnt be too hard i shouldnt have thought.

Was after some info on any bolt action rifles people may use and whats good (looking around £200-£250 mark for any aeg-well in my planned budget atm).

Archived