Advice please!

rubin12
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys.

I'm just about to purchase my first airsoft gun, and wanted a quick bit of advice.

I'm getting a GBB, and was wondering if silicon spray would be all I would need to keep it maintained? EDIT: Would I be better off with silicon oil? (I suggested a spray originally, as it sounds easier!)

Also, what are your thoughts on propane? Would I be better off just sticking to green gas? How many mag fills does a bottle of green gas generally last?

Cheers for any help.

ps. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

• Supporters

really i should leave this to Airsoft-Ed but you might have bought it by the time he gets on so DO NOT BUY ONE ESPECIALLY AS IT IS YOUR FIRST AIRSOFT RIFLE

and about the wrong forum bit it is and isn`t in the wrong place so not really a problem as most of us ask Q`s in here lol

• Supporters

Basically... for your first gun, buy ANYTHING except a gbb.

They require a lot of maintenance and are not designed for beginners. Get an.aeg instead.

Read the guide in my Sig and it should help

really i should leave this to Airsoft-Ed but you might have bought it by the time he gets on so DO NOT BUY ONE ESPECIALLY AS IT IS YOUR FIRST AIRSOFT RIFLE

and about the wrong forum bit it is and isn`t in the wrong place so not really a problem as most of us ask Q`s in here lol

Hi Craig, thanks for the reply.

I've read that pinned topic on the general board, but I'm not intending to compete in Airsoft at any point (although I'd love to, it looks like great fun!). I'm only buying it for messing about at home and as it's a nice item to have.

Basically... for your first gun, buy ANYTHING except a gbb.

They require a lot of maintenance and are not designed for beginners. Get an.aeg instead.

Read the guide in my Sig and it should help

Cheers marksman. I looked at electric ones, and was close to getting one. However, I realised that very soon I'd end up wanting to get a GBB anyway, so didn't see the point in wasting money on an EBB.

I've done a lot of reading up over the last few days and have realised that they require maintenance. That is part of the fun in my eyes.

you realise if you havent got a defence yet whatever you buy will need to be painted a bright colour ? you could try and gbb pistol they are alot cheaper to buy and will give you some experience in maintaining a gas gun

if your looking for something to hang on the wall or play in the back garden then aeg is the best choice as you can just un plug and leave it where as you will have to store gas mags correctly to stop them becoming leaky.

Yes, I've read up on everything lemon. I am only planning on a pistol (sorry, should have been more specific in my previous posts). I definitely wouldn't jump straight in at anything bigger (although it's tempting!).

Does anyone have an answer to my original questions please? I've worked out that i'm better off with oil than spray (please correct me if I'm wrong). Or how about grease?

I've also worked out that I'm better off with red gas than green.

Just wondering how many mag fills a bottle of this will do?

Thanks

Archived