GZ Weekender/NAE 2012

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I thought I'd throw this out there nice and early.

I'm looking to get to the NAE this year, bookings are already open.

Details of the event can be found here: Clicky.

I'd like to organise a minimum 8-man team, of no particular style (let's not have eight snipers though, some strategic variation won't hurt) and of no particular background just to go and have a jolly.

My only stipulation would be that we all bear an AFUK patch and we go in as an AFUK team :)

If people are interested, reply in here and I'll get the ball rolling/book it off work :P The end-goal would be to co-ordinate sleeping arrangements (I have a two man tent, anyone wanna cuddle? ;) ) and transport etc.

Cheers folks!

List of definitely interested parties:

-Finius

-CraigW-H

-MM556

-Airsoft-Ed

-Joshcowin

-Craig's brother

-Tariq

List of probably interested parties:

-Devastator

Traitors who are going, but will be on less awesome teams than the AFUK team, and even if we're on the same side as them, should probably be shot:

-Alex Gale

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

i`ll cuddle im having to with my brother already... as plan`s stand that is i`ll order some patch`s soon then for us and he is using an S-system so get you M4 Mag`s ready i`ll probably turn up with my P90 and the troublesome M15 or i`ll buy one from Z1 to use lol just a quick note i have 2 setting`s run around screaming random stuff and not alway`s in the right direction or go quiet and let some people follow me...

but i beleive Ed, Nick and Marksman are already gearing up to go that`s six of us lol i think you may need to think up ward`s of eight..

• Supporters

Added a list of interested parties in the first post.

Also added a list of traitors going with other teams who we will shoot, irrelevant of their alignment in-game ;) (N.b. we might not actually shoot anyone, but I'm feeling malevolent today).

Upwards of eight is fine, I just think eight as a minimum for a team is a good number :)

• Supporters

Count me in :)

• AF-UK Founding Member

Some of the mods and I might be able to come down, but they might not be the best dates for us. Anyone Leicestershire southbound would be able to get a lift too.

Won't be able to say until closer to the time. Anyone know the cut off?

• Supporters

Cut off for bookings is the 1st of August, so if I'm going to book us in as a whole team together, I'd like to know by halfway through July :)

I presume we'd be booking in as an individual squad, not sure how they handle payments for teams etc, but we can come to that once we know people are interested enough to go :)

I still need to book.

Got some mates booked up, but gonna try our uni team down. Despite there only being like 6 of us XD

If in not at catterick then i will certainly be going, dont be on bravo team as thats where i will be and i want to shoot you all to be a c**t :P

• Supporters

lol i think that`s the one my brother booked us on (BRAVO)

Edit: and im planning on taking my Tachyon so who know`s might send it to Dev to upload to AFUKTV so it`s not sat their barren of any Vid`s

• Supporters

Have we picked a team then? I want to be on Delta =[

Also, I've got 2 mates who I airsoft with as well as a further 2 or 3 who don't play at all who are all interested in coming and then there's my brother as well.

I think we should just all pay for ourselves or our own parties and then just meet up once we're there and pitch tents around the same area.

Though I do think that putting cash together for a portaloo is a good idea.

I'm not sure if anyone wants to bother making an AF-UK team to add to the NAE website, there's a few up there already. Not sure how we'd get a photo together though.

I think just wearing a patch each is distinguishing enough for making a team to add to the website to not be necessary.

But yes, can we add a poll to this? Bravo, Delta or The Others?

• Supporters

I will try my best to come, but it depends on whether I get a car, or if I can get a lift and whether my mates are coming.

• Supporters

Hey guy`s can we decide what team we are picking as apparently my bro hadn`t booked so would liked to know what side to go on?

And if any of you are running something that use`s M4 mag`s give me a shout as my PC is gonna be empty otherwise i reckon i can hold about 10 or 15 mag`s 6 in my magpouch`s and extra`s in my viper drop leg P90 dump pouch will fit Note it`s nearly as wide as my plate carrier not to mention as long or deep.

Delta sounds good.

I have a few mates going but they haven't decided a team yet so doesn't really matter from my point of view.

If anyone wanted to register the team on the site, guessing a team photo = 8 individual pics...

Would it be worth someone buying bulk ammo beforehand?

• Supporters

Y'know on the site it gives a description for each team, but then it also says you can choose which skirmishes to take part in, when to take part and all that stuff?

Well is there anything to really stop you acting like 'The others' if you're on one of the other teams? Does it actually make a difference what team you're on? And what's to stop you unofficially changing your team once you arrive if you make friends with people in the safe zone or something?

Are there certain set rules you just don't break, or what? I've never been before so I don't know.

But yeah...

Shall we all go for Delta then?

Archived