University of Gloucestershire student wants to take up airsoft again

Klayer04
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Chin qui! :rolleyes:

Im Matt, 21 and im a student living in cheltenham!

I used to airsoft before uni, and now would like to take it up again. I used to be fairly active on a forum like this but that has seemed to have dissapeared or i have forgotten the address but i do remember something amusing called the retardis and the hall of shame. :P

I dont really take the Milsim aspect too seriously or mimic real forces loadouts, i generally play using a mix of webbing and kit etc and focus on enjoying the combat. Even before becoming a student i did things on the cheap as you can probably tell from my very chinese 'weapons owned' tag. That being said ive found all the weapons except the shotgun to be fantastic at skirmishing with.

I dont really know any good sites around gloucestershire and the aim of this post was to find some comrades who would let me tag along or atleast advise me. Ive used the Airbana uk site but theres not enough information on there if the skirmish sites dont bother with updating web adresses or forums etc <_< .

I think C3 Tactical is the closest but i couldnt find them in the sites section of this forum and i found their website to be a bit mental :blink: .

So yeah anyone who reads this that thinks they might be able to help or even befriend this prodical son please get in touch.

Ive allready got my eyes on a new gun :lol: its good to be back

matt

• Supporters

i read the tag line and thought i need to get that link from zero In on gay`s getting bashed by some special force`s guy over in america

hey dude and yea the airbana map really isn`t what it could half be because it`s sort of a secret thing as none of my local site had even heard about it until a couple of us mentioned why their not on it but even then i think TAIN is the only one lulz

is cheltenham in cambridgeshire i don`t think it is but i think Nickona is around that area pal

Cheers folks!

Nope Sadly Cheltenham is in Gloucestershire, about an hour and half's drive North East of Bristol. It seems like a relative airsoft dry spot compared to most populated areas of the UK <_< .

Does anyone know what happened to that old forum i used to visit? im sure it was airsoft uk forums or something? i even posted a review for something in it?

South west is a black hole for airsoft sites.

Thank god im in the west midlands now XD Only 10 mins train ride away from a site.

How far you willing to travel to sites. Fair few around here, bout 1h drive north of you.

Im originally from REDDITCH just south of birmingham and i used to go to the Kidiminster Urban site(old hospital) and Airsoft Skirmish which was a bike ride away, however i am only back in my home town at shcool holidays and summer. The main transport availiable to me is the train from cheltenham, but the lay of the lines makes it cheaper and quicker to travel to somewhere like bristol or inner birmingham i guess.

Where do you play Tariq and would you reccomend it?

@ Devastator : That sounds about right, does anyone know what happened to ascuk and why?

if you can mate you should try and get up to Leeds and come to my skirmish site, you wont regret it.

Only played at 3 game sites since i've been here. And for the love of anything thats holy cannot remember the names of 2 of them :P

Usually at The Grange, since its only a short train ride away.

Only just getting into airsoft myself. 10th game or so :P

Are there any reviews of the grange on this forum? how did you find it?

could you give me some information on it?

@Mark

I think Leeds is a bit ambitious but who knows maybe in summer? What site do you use?

Don't think there is a review.

Im in my uni (Coventry) airsoft society, so its out local site. I found out about it via our president.

Its outdoor field, although there are CQB "villages" around.

I wouldn't say its a small site, but its deffo not large. They do do MilSim.. well FilmSim games and the regulars. They have a CQB sister site nearby in Warwickshire as well.

A fair number of the people there are regulars, but you do sometimes get a nooby group turn up.

The Grange

@Mark

I think Leeds is a bit ambitious but who knows maybe in summer? What site do you use?

hi mate i go to air-soft commandos in Leeds, we have a very good woodland site, with a mock village and towers, bunkers, trenches ect, if you fancy coming up you are more than welcome to come and stay at my house mate

• Supporters

Tariq, you're probably already aware of this, but since you're still relatively new...

You're aware that Finius on here is the head of the Coventry Uni Airsofting Society, right?

Also, I've been playing for a little over a year and I've only played at two sites lol and the only reason I ever changed is because the owners closed the first one down and opened the second haha.

I'd love to go down to The Grange one weekend, I never saw the skirmishing areas when I went to the Arms Fair there, but they have an amazing on site shop, my site don't have a shop =[ they just sell ammo and pyros.

Archived