Scar-l mega build from scratch!

dartman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys

im trying to build a Super Scar, with the whole kaboodle, eglm, holo sight, PEQ, And a kickass internal box. now call me stupid but i like to build my own guns from scratch, just so i can make it excactly as i want it. however im struggling with a few parts, however they look very similar to m4 parts and i wondered if they were interchangeble?

Hop up unit

mag release catch

motor grip plate

any replies apriciated

cheers dartman.

The hop and the heat plate on the bottom of the pistol grip are the same, the mag release however is different, its a lot chunkier and is ambidextrous, anything else just ask, I've owned a SCAR-L for some time now :)

hi guys

im trying to build a Super Scar, with the whole kaboodle, eglm, holo sight, PEQ, And a kickass internal box. now call me stupid but i like to build my own guns from scratch, just so i can make it excactly as i want it. however im struggling with a few parts, however they look very similar to m4 parts and i wondered if they were interchangeble?

Hop up unit

mag release catch

motor grip plate

any replies apriciated

cheers dartman.

Hi,

I currently have a scar-l, in bits, in a bag, in the shed! not even sure it complete, but anyway liking the sound of your little project, any chance you could set a feed on here to show pics and how and what your doing and stages of the build, I'd be very interested and i'm sure others would be to???

Regards,

Kev.

hmm i should have proberbly said that it is a d,boys body, with and m4 gearbox, this being my first scar i have now idear if they are all the same, but looking on the internet VFC makes a scar hop up unit that looks alot different to most others, any way mine looks like it will take an m4 hop up, just wanted to be sure, because it has the little white plastic part that goes into the magwell (somthing like a feed cylinder) which feeds the bbs to the jet nozzel, but to fit a m4 hop unit i would have to take this out? also with it in place it will not take m4 mags.

with regards to taking photos and my progress its almost done, all i need is the hop up and a tightbore on it, then ill move on to the external upgrades, however i cant seem to find a grenade launcher in stock anywere, there always sold out or in black.

cheers josh.

hmm i should have proberbly said that it is a d,boys body, with and m4 gearbox, this being my first scar i have now idear if they are all the same, but looking on the internet VFC makes a scar hop up unit that looks alot different to most others, any way mine looks like it will take an m4 hop up, just wanted to be sure, because it has the little white plastic part that goes into the magwell (somthing like a feed cylinder) which feeds the bbs to the jet nozzel, but to fit a m4 hop unit i would have to take this out? also with it in place it will not take m4 mags.

with regards to taking photos and my progress its almost done, all i need is the hop up and a tightbore on it, then ill move on to the external upgrades, however i cant seem to find a grenade launcher in stock anywere, there always sold out or in black.

cheers josh.

There is currently a launcher on ebay... I'm not bidding as cant really afford it at the mo.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-Scar-M4-...1#ht_500wt_1204

Archived