paintballing airsofter

moonmoose
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im very new to airsoft, bin about 4 times then i decided to buy a house so kinda run out of spare money for a few months. Iv been playing paintball for over 7 years now. my paintball collection is over £4k just for the equipment iv collected over the years (£1000 on 1 gun didnt help) but iv played tournies all over UK and Europe had some good success.

I knew about the airsoft/paintball "hate" campain, if you play one you hate the other, in most cases, but me being the "try before you judge" kinda person i thought id give it a bash and see what the fuss was about.

After playing the first time i can see why people prefer it to paintball, but i also saw why people liked paintball over airsoft. I did enjoy myself alot and been back since with my own guns iv got. Nothing special, just a AGM M14 and a SRC G36 MG both with extra mags and scopes and shizz and hopefuly this year ill go alot more.

so 3 expencive hobbies (i have a skyline R34 GTT that does 17mpg :blink: )

Not saying one is better than the other, just that i like both, and not all paintballers are scum ;)

ill be playing mostly at the EAG worthing site, when it doesnt clash with paintball. Oh and if theres a WE M14 kicking about let me know :D

Happy hunting

Scott

To be honest with you, I don't think any of us hate on it fully, we just tend to take the mick of it, it's not that we don't like it, it's just we prefer airsoft, I know a couple of the members here play paintball and no one gets picked on, I have never tried paintball but would love too :)

So yeah, I wouldn't say it was 'hate' against paintball, we just prefer realism and paintball struggles to really provide that.

must admit ive never understood why some people seem to hate paintball so much, think it must be some form of superiority complex lol.

ive always prefered airsoft ove paintball because i hate full face masks and i enjoy collecting the guns aswell, other than that they are the same to me really.

I prefer airsoft but that dosn't mean I hate paintball. I've played a couple of times on school trips and stuff (so to be fair it wasn't the best paintball site in the world) but I still preffered airsoft. Nice to see people from both sports crossing over and stuff.

I think people from both sports just like to take the mick as said above :)

Welcome, I used to paintball but once I played airsoft never went back :D

I suppose both have their pros and cons.airsoft is more realistic cheaper ammo wise and most guns.but can be too realistic for some people (not me) paintball is unrealistic and more expensive but better for large groups of stags,it is also more commercial

• Supporters

these guy`s pickon me alltime because i play don`t belevive em save yourself lol Iplay tourny aswell ever done the wildwoodz one pal? as i was at that one for the last 3 year`s

these guy`s pickon me alltime because i play don`t belevive em save yourself lol Iplay tourny aswell ever done the wildwoodz one pal? as i was at that one for the last 3 year`s

We can see where your award came from -_-

En ingles?

• Supporters

Original:

"these guy`s pickon me alltime because i play don`t belevive em save yourself lol Iplay tourny aswell ever done the wildwoodz one pal? as i was at that one for the last 3 year`s".

Direct Translation:

"These guys pick on me all the time because I play. Don't believe me save yourself lol. I play tourny as well, ever done the Wildwoodz one pal? As I was at that one."

Proper English Translation:

"These guys pick on me all the time because I play. Don't believe me? Save yourself lol.

I play tournaments as well, have you ever done the Wildwoodz one? I was at that one."

I think that's right?

• Supporters

I took the "Don't believe me, save yourself" part as meaning, "Don't believe them ('em), save yourself." That certainly makes more sense.

Tbh, I don't think Craig is that hard to understand. Granted the grammar is bad and sometimes the ordering of words can be confusing but I generally get it on the second read through lol.

Still, I think it's hilarious that you have to act as translator, Liam haha.

• Supporters

Yeah that probably would make more sense actually.

Yea i played Wildwoodz under the team East Coast NV. we won few years back at one of there tournies. im down south now tho so i dont know what the teams up to at the moment.

and as said paintball is more commertial and i got into it because of a birthday party when i was about 14. If id have tried airsoft first i would have gone with that for sure. just didnt know about it till i was heavly into paintball.

airsoft is a lot cheaper granted and the realism is second to none i just fell in love with paintball first. but i have a big heart so i think i could squeeze airsoft in there too :) Mr bank account will not be happy lol

• Supporters

Well ICE are still around so far as i know East Coast NV are still about aswell but i think it was under a new name not too sure though the last couple of tournie`s have been cancelled so not seen anyone really... that and my team (paintball side of it) fell to piece`s airsoft one also last week went under sadly... still nice bunch of guy`s like

and don`t all of us King`s of King`s manage it? lol

Archived