Are WE pistols any good?

hockeymaster350
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 1 month later...
We 1911's are terrible, they'll fire maybe 6 shots per gas fill if you're lucky

Go tm

This isn't true. I have one and I am very happy with it. I have 3 mags all of which work perfectly well. Gas efficiency may not be as good as a Marui 1911 but that is to be expected given the weight of the slide. With a few minor mods involving some gas thread seal tape efficiency can be improved. My WE 1911 has never let me down and has good range + accuracy. Has a nice amount of recoil to it. Hope this helps.

I have to disagree with Marksman aswell, I have gotten at leats a Mag and a half out of one charge of gas before, TM however due to plastic slides have better effiecency and don't get as cold, bad for gas effieceny, all I can say is that from WE 1911 mags I have, they are prone to breaking

• Supporters

You could look at getting the KJW M1911, they look really really nice and feel awesome too. KJW aren't the best company out there but they're reasonably priced and I love my KJW P226. Cold weather is a no no for metal guns though.

Patrol Base have some on show in the shop, see if they're available on the website.

Hi I'm thinking of buying a m1911 but I don't know what brand to buy it in. I was thinking a we because they are cheapest but I don't know if they are good quality. Plz help!

Ive got a WE and it is awesome! i would definitely recommend getting one :)

i got a WE 1911, only two mags for it, they held up Ok, ill get about 2 mags of gas.

wont lie though my Tokyo Marui is a better choice, only about 20-30 more then what i paid for the WE, and its just a nice gun to have.

• 3 weeks later...
i got a WE 1911, only two mags for it, they held up Ok, ill get about 2 mags of gas.

wont lie though my Tokyo Marui is a better choice, only about 20-30 more then what i paid for the WE, and its just a nice gun to have.

After holding and using the WE and the TM , I bought the WE one (although i bought hi capa 5.1 as I like it better but both are incredibly similar). I mainly bought the WE one because I think it's better balanced and Abit more weighty plus it's blowback is a little stronger, Tm Is very nice and yes due to plastic slide u get more shots out of the gas but the WE one is better suited for my requirements and it uses green gas :)

All in all I think whichever one you decide to get you will be happy with 2bh...

Hope that helps liam

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know how the WE g17's are? i love glocks, and would go tm, but i want the metal slide without all that cost of upgrading, so may get WE then upgrade to a TM hopup/barrel?

• 1 year later...

I don't own a WE pistol but I've heard that the parts, including the slide, guide rod plug and barrel bushing, can be quite loose fitting. Also, they are metal which does not help in cold weather. if you're looking for your first GBB, get a WE, they're a good price and have one heck of a kick. However, if you're looking for a long-lasting pistol, I'd recommend a TM. My desert warrior has seen a lot of use for nearly a year now, and I will say what I always say about TM pistols; they just never stop going. Even in cold weather, rain, snow etc. they will perform. Having said that, my mate has a WE 1911 and it is a brilliant gun. So it all depends on your willingness to spend a bit more for a TM.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived