Have you ever run dry?

MZKaleem
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just wondering whether you have ever survived long enough in an airsoft game to use all your magazines and had to refill them or just pull out your pistol? I know people who only have one or two mags would defo have run dry in one life, but i mean a person with a min. of 3 mids? and also in one life.

I had the thought after watching this video by a member from here :)

Good guy, I am definitely subscribing :)

Let me know if you have ever run dry in one life in an airsoft game.

Just me being curious...

-Zak

Well there was the time I had to push my motorbike 5 miles through the New forest to a Petrol station, and the time in Singapore when...well you get the idea...

BB in an airsoft game, not really, but then I am obviously not some super leet airsofting machine, and run with 6 hicaps on occasion ;)

Yes, several times, I've run out of ammunition, been reduced to my sidearm.

Is it because I'm really the awesome god of airsoft, and you should all fall to your knees, bow down to me and worship me as your new god?

Yes

Err...

In all seriousness, the few times I've run dry can be attributed to the following:

Poor logistics, over-zealous use of the trigger, trying a new all-midcap load and on one amazing occasion, the entire enemy team had no clue where I was and kept walking into my line of fire, which reduced me to using my SIG. Which then ran out of ammo, and I ended up surrendering.

yes

First game I didn't realize the safezone is at a distance so you will miss the beginning of the game if you walk there. So I had 7 lowcaps and a speedloader for the first half of the day.

Since that I've been taking the bottle with me to the games so I can reload in between the games (either leave it at respawn or on my rig).

about the video, I'm not impressed, it was loooooooong with a lot of things we dont really need to hear (GET ON WITH IT O_O!!).

oh and if you're on your knee, you can just get your mag out to the ground, new mag in, pick up the old mag while aiming.

Okay, thats cool, just deciding whether I should bring a bottle when i use my 3 mids and 2 highs on my 416. I will, just incase, and i will always have my speed loader for my MP7.

Okay, thats cool, just deciding whether I should bring a bottle when i use my 3 mids and 2 highs on my 416. I will, just incase, and i will always have my speed loader for my MP7.

I can only see two reasons not to. if you bring it on your kit, it might rattle. but then again, so will your hicaps. if you leave it somewhere, someone might take it.

Using an MP5, and 5 midcaps. Ended up using my pistol, although it was the last 10 mins of the game

Oh okay, and do you recommend carrying my MP7 with me in games...? because everything could get a bit too heavy then. and okay, i don't fire that much, i mean 470 rounds lasted me an hour on my second skirmish.

Completely depends upon site, type of game, style of play etc. I would just carry a spare mag or two and maybe a 1000 for reloads. A 300ml plastic bottle, which fits nicely into m4 mags, holds aprox 1500bb.

I mean I have played at GZU and used 2k rounds per day in ccb, GZW where I have spent 6 hours wandering around and fired 400 and CSW where I have used 3k as I am at the front, supresing, supporting and getting stuck in.

• Supporters
about the video, I'm not impressed, it was loooooooong with a lot of things we dont really need to hear (GET ON WITH IT O_O!!).

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I didn't feel that <15 minutes was "looooong", but it just depends on how you look at the game I suppose. Personally, I'm used to sitting through training lessons, classes, lectures, DVDs etc for hours on end, so that amount of time seems like nothing to me, but again, depends what you're used to.

Hopefully you'll be able to find some form of instruction for yourself in future that does purely cater to what you want to hear about, but in that particular clip I was trying to cover different points for a variety of players depending on their budgets (and therefore gear selection) and their playing environments, so there was a lot to discuss. Past experience has taught me that airsofters do play in highly varying kit and use a wide variety of equipment (including magazines) so I was attempting to cater to a wide audience instead of a very small bunch of people. Only catering to a few results in receiving endless questions along the lines of "but I use this and this, what do you recommend for me?" and answering all of those takes a lot longer than adding 5 minutes on to the video in the first place.

But as you say, if it's not the kind of thing you want to watch, then I'm sure there's other content out there which may fit your needs more specifically.

• Supporters

It was long yes, but it covered everything and was concise, had good examples. I'm pretty patient so my view is: better it takes time and covers everything than quick and misses parts.

Yes

Let's just say running on only midcaps on a normal skirmish day during a rather firerce attack and defend game is probabably not a good idea.. Oh and especially when the enemy team is dug in about 3 layers of barricades and a big hill :P

• Supporters

I've never run out of ammo and for as long as I've been UKARA registered I've only used mid caps loaded with real capacities.

Started with a GBBR with 6 mags, then moved onto my MP5 AEG with 8 mags, so I've never had more than 240 shots per game and sometimes those games can last for half the day!

I've only ever had to use my pistol once, kinda regret buying it tbh, though it is awesome lol.

So yeah, I make my shots count, I rarely use more than about 40 shots in an hour.

That's how I like to play as well - mid and low caps and 3 short bursts at most, but some sites seem to require more rounds than others. Most of the time I'll go an entire day without using very much ammo but when I'm at a site where everyone is running a million highcaps and firing like Arnold schwarzenegger with an endless holywood magazine I guess you have to fire more to acctualy manage to suppress someone. :lol:

Archived