New Year's Resolutions

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I usually think to myself for the few days before "I'll do this, I'll do that, etc. etc. etc." but I never stick with them..

Anyone else bother? If so, what resolution(s) this year, and do you plan on sticking/expect to stick with them/it?

• Supporters

I do them yearly, and frequently stick to them.

This year, I have many.

Most relate to losing some weight and getting fit, that won't be an issue, I've done it before I can do it again.

The harder ones relate to saving money and such.

Then the hardest?

This year, on every "special occasion" I will be using the WRONG formality, and, since I'm dedicated, I'll be starting a day early.

Happy Birthday Everyone!

I do them yearly, and frequently stick to them.

This year, I have many.

Most relate to losing some weight and getting fit, that won't be an issue, I've done it before I can do it again.

The harder ones relate to saving money and such.

Then the hardest?

This year, on every "special occasion" I will be using the WRONG formality, and, since I'm dedicated, I'll be starting a day early.

Happy Birthday Everyone!

Speaking of which it is my birthday on FRIDAY, did you hear me FRIDAY. One last thing FRIDAY

• Supporters

I tend to use the wrong formality on purpose, or mix-and-match the two. For example, saying 'Merry Birthday' to everyone on pancake day!

Anyway, I'm going to actually seriously attempt my two New Year's Resolutions this year..

- Be more confident and less shy (like that'll ever happen?).

- Sort out my school work and exams - actually go to my study periods, spend free periods and time at home revising/studying.

I've gotten motivation, and quite a bit of it, from somewhere the last day before the Christmas holidays. Hopefully it'll stay for a long while!

Archived